Some familiar sightings......with a couple of oddities thrown in!

I wasn't really expecting to see much today - we didn't go far and the weather forecast was distinctly lousy.  However, the rain started later than I expected and some birds were just determined to pose.  The first two birds were snapped before we'd even left the neighbourhood:

Looks like the herring gull on the left is already getting into breeding plumage.

We headed into Ipswich to drop our daughter off and then made our way to Ipswich Hospital, of all places, as Limpy had heard a rumour of waxwings:

Yeah!  There were more than 30 of them, though they were easily spooked and flew from tree to tree.

On our way home we were unexpectedly greeted by this handsome peacock!

Back home, this crow clearly thought he was far more interesting than anything on television.  He could be right, there.

This young starling is more interested in food than posing.

After a quick lunch we headed out again, this time to Halesworth to get Limpy's bins repaired.  Naturally I stayed outside to watch the birdlife:

I love seeing fields full of rooks and jackdaws and the shop Limpy was in was very conveniently situated opposite such a field!

Looking alert.  I love their huge beaks.

'Anything good to eat down there?'

'Table for two, please!'

Enjoy!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.