Thursday 21 August 12 Noon

Finally, the sighting which has eluded me for far too long. Mara and Brèagha up together and flying strongly. Chasing each other, attempting to talon grapple and generally just doing what sea eagles do best. A wonderful sight to behold!

Frisa and Skye, as ever, watching their offspring carefully from afar. Perhaps as relieved as I am to see that the chicks have finally rediscovered their family ties and are spending quality time together, revelling in the warm sun and gentle uplifting breeze. Summer's here and the livin' is easy.

Dave Sexton RSPB Mull Officer

The two Mull Eagle Watch sea eagle chicks at Loch Frisa this year have been named by children from the Salen Primary School Gaelic Unit. The male 'Mara' means 'sea' and the female 'Brèagha' means 'beauty' - very appropriate too.

Dave Sexton, RSPB Scotland Mull Officer

Parents
  • You paint a wonderful picture David, I can almost see it. Sounds like you are having lovely weather too unlike the rest of us. Do you know the whereabouts of Itchy & Scratchy, are they still on Mull. In your previous post you mentioned Skye & Frisa would know where they were going to set up their nest by October. Does that mean they will start rebuilding it at that time......They must be keen breeding machines.
Comment
  • You paint a wonderful picture David, I can almost see it. Sounds like you are having lovely weather too unlike the rest of us. Do you know the whereabouts of Itchy & Scratchy, are they still on Mull. In your previous post you mentioned Skye & Frisa would know where they were going to set up their nest by October. Does that mean they will start rebuilding it at that time......They must be keen breeding machines.
Children
No Data