In haste, as I need to get up there to check all is well today, but Frisa and Skye have successfully hatched young at Loch Frisa this year! They are right on schedule and so far, all seems ok. At least two rabbits have been taken in as food and Frisa has been tenderly feeding tiny morsels to the chick(s). We hope there are two but time will tell. A big thank you to all the local Mull Eagle Watch volunteers, Strathclyde Police, Air Cadets and visitors who have kept an eye on things for us over the last 38 long days and nights. We still have a very long way to go - 12 weeks in the nest in fact - but it's a great start to the season at the Eagle Hide.

I just wanted to share this breaking news story with you and I will give a full update later. Got to dash.......................

Dave Sexton RSPB Scotland Mull Officer

• Hi Dave great news that the chicks at Loch Frisa have successfully hatched. I will be up to see them when I am in Mull at the beginning of June. Hope to bring my sketchbook to the hide this time. As you know we have had a single sea eagle over here on the east, kicking about the coast off Strathbeg and giving the seabirds something to think about. However, nothing beats Mull.Looking forwrd to my visit. Thanks to den and ann for their kind comments about my website.
  • Excellant news David, do you know if the other egg has hatched?  Hope all goes well and we get to see them flying around in the next 12 weeks just like there siblings.  I see Mara and Breagha are still in an around Mull stretching there wings, can't believe it's been a year since they hatched, doesn't time fly (pardon the pun) :-)  We hope to come for Mull at the beginning of May so we are hoping to catch a glimpse of the Sea Eagles in flight.

• We found a really good article about the Mull eagles in the SNH magazine. It has lots of information and some great pictures. There is a crossword too.  Last of all we made the eagle masks.

http://www.snh.org.uk/publications/on-line/SNHmagazine/default.asp

• I thought I should mention a White-tailed Eagle sighting on Ardnamurchan very early in April (left notebook at home today, so no date).  Two WTE, an adult and a juvenile/first-winter, circled over the Camas nan Geall car park for some time and even attempted a talon grapple at one point.

The young bird was untagged and from the movements logged must have been Breagha.  Interesting that she was interacting with an adult in this way.

The views were fantastic and all the while the local Golden Eagle hung above them on the wind.

• Wonderful news Dave. Have been away for a night so to turn on read that Frisa and Skye have hatched an egg has made my dayt, congratulations to them. Lets hope there will be another one.