Well - just back from Loch Frisa, having been soaked and battered by the wind and rain.  I am pleased to say that both Skye and Frisa are well and Frisa has been feeding two chicks.  They are fantastic parents doing such a great job in this awful weather we are having!  The chicks are only 3 weeks old so still have a lot to get through but at the moment, both doing OK.

The rain had eased for most of the day but was replaced by strong winds but as I sit typing this, the rain is lashing down again - our rivers are full and the lowlands are flooding - lets hope there is an end to this very wet and windy spell - after all - isnt it supposed to be Summer now?

Hopefully a better night's sleep tonight for everyone!

Parents
  • Hi There Debby - We had the pleasure of visiting the hide on the 1pm tour this date !! When it rains up on Mull it sure does rain - but despite the inclement weather it was great to visit and catch a glimpse of the famous Skye & Frisa. You're doing a great job up there, long may it continue - thanks for making our trip to the hide enjoyable and informative .... I'll look forward to reading the updates on "my chicks" !!
Comment
  • Hi There Debby - We had the pleasure of visiting the hide on the 1pm tour this date !! When it rains up on Mull it sure does rain - but despite the inclement weather it was great to visit and catch a glimpse of the famous Skye & Frisa. You're doing a great job up there, long may it continue - thanks for making our trip to the hide enjoyable and informative .... I'll look forward to reading the updates on "my chicks" !!
Children
No Data