Where to stay in Sandy

Hello everyone

I'm planning on spending a weekend down at Sandy in a month or two's time. The last time I visited was at the age of 9, I'm 27 now and my priorities have changed! No parents!

I'm looking for a B&B ideally that's close to the reserve and isn't too pricey. A place with some character, a tasty breakfast, within walking distance of a nice country pub or restaurant and most important of all - somewhere friendly. What were your experiences like visiting Sandy? Where did you stay? 

We're planning on getting the train from Kings Cross. It doesn't seem too arduous.

Anyway, hope you can help

Ali x

• Hi Ali,

Hopefully I can help a little bit! The Lodge is quite out in the countryside, so if you want a country pub/restaurant you might need to go further afield.

This B&B is just down the road from the reserve:

www.warrenfarmlodge.com/index.html

And Potton is the other side, so possibly a few country pubs there.

Sandy is very nice, I've only visited a couple of times which is a shame as I'm only down the road and should make more of an effort!

Anymore questions just ask, I'll try and help.

If not I'm sure a few other members can help also.

Becca :-)

• Hello Becca

Thanks, Warren Farm looks like it's just down the road from The Lodge on the map. It looks lovely, especially the loft! Seems like there's enough space for my friends and I! Maybe it's worth taking bikes..looks like the train station is a healthy walk away from the reserve? Is it walkable?

Thanks for your help :)

Ali

• Hi Ali,

It probably is quite a walk, they don't make these reserves close to train stations do they?! Probably a good 20 minute walk I'd say, so might be easier with taking bikes. If anything taking bikes would probably help if you wanted to head in to Potton also.

Not only that but I don't think there's a path along the road from the station to the reserve, so probably safer not to walk.

Hopefully I'm helping and not confusing you!

• They sure don't, probably not a bad thing..!

By November's it gonna be dark real early too, I guarantee that walk from the station will be treacherous, thanks for the insight. I'll make sure I keep it all in mind. Bikes sounds like a PLAN.

• You're right, probably not a bad thing, but for some it could be awkward.

That's quite alright, anymore questions just give me a shout I'll try and help!

Good luck with your plans.

• Hi

There's an off-road path which takes you up the hill from the station to the reserve so it's quite safe.

Katie