Old Archive film of RSPB reserve The Lodge from 1961.

I‘ve found an old archive film of RSPB reserve The Lodge from way back in 1961 on YouTube, which was the year that the RSPB bought that reserve as there headquarters. I can’t provide a link as I’ve got YouTube as an app on my Apple iPad. But if you do a search on YouTube, typing in, A Place For Birds, you should find that old film that I suppose was made by the RSPB Film Unit way back in 1961. One thing I did notice in that old film you could hear lots and lots of Turtle Doves.

• Here's the vid Ian, thanks for letting us know 

Will have a look when in bed instead of reading!

• Wow, nice find Ian, Its a little long so will watch it later and thats how they did it them days its takes you back to the good old days :)

Jim

• I’ve bumper this thread from when I first posted this from 2017 of one of the Film from the now long gone RSPB Annual Film Shows which where a highlight every year for RSPB members. This is one of three RSPB Films shown in 1961 of which this film is about the RSPB reserve The Lodge of  which in 1961 the RSPB moved there headquarters from London to the Lodge near the small country town of Sandy. The Lodge which has been an RSPB reserve since 1961 which as well has been the RSPB headquarters since 1961. I’ve bumper this thread for anyone who has never seen this film from 1961.