Live webcam of bird feeders at The Lodge reserve on YouTube

I don't think this has been mentioned on these forums, but on YouTube there is a live webcam of bird feeders at The Lodge reserve. Surprisingly not available via the The Lodge webpages on the reserve listings on the RSPB website. Just do a search on YouTube, typing, The Lodge Webcam and that will enable you to find the live webcam. As I have chromecast available on my TV I can get the live YouTube webcam on my 65inch TV. At the moment just after midnight, there are infa red cameras on the bird feeders and I've been watching rabbits occasionally seen behind the bird feeders playing.

• Hi Thomo, hope you dont mind but I have attached this link so those who want to look at the camera can simply click.

• Yes that's ok! Also as I said above if you have the chromecast adaptor like myself or you have YouTube available through your TV you'll be able to watch the live webcam from YouTube on your TV like I am.

• I do  have the youtube channel through my TV and will definately give it a go thanks.

EDIT: Just tried it but it would not play so I have emailed my cable tv provider to ask if there is a problem.

• I bought my 65 inch TV just over 5 years ago, so it hasn't actually got YouTube available on my TV. For anyone who doesn't have YouTube through there TV because it's slightly older model like mine without YouTube, you can buy an adaptor called Chromecast and it's very easy to set up and then you can access YouTube from the Internet though there TV, and they'll be able to access the Lodge bird-feeder webcam live on and through there TV from YouTube.

• Shane said:

I do  have the youtube channel through my TV and will definately give it a go thanks.

EDIT: Just tried it but it would not play so I have emailed my cable tv provider to ask if there is a problem.

Maybe the webcam like some videos won't play through there TV's as some organisations and individuals can set videos and webcams on YouTube to stop individuals watching through there TV for whatever reason. The Chromecast adaptor seems to get round that, as some videos from YouTube that can't be watched direct through some of my friends TV's have then bought the adaptor, Chromecast and then those videos and webcams have become available through there TV.