The Lodge Headquarter house where all the staff work

Do you ever open the Victorian house for the public to look round at headquarters at The Lodge where all the headquarter staff work?. I'm sure there must be alot of RSPB members would love to look round the inside the house or do you ever have open days for the public to look round the inside of the house?

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:

Do you ever open the Victorian house for the public to look round at headquarters at The Lodge where all the headquarter staff work?. I'm sure there must be alot of RSPB members would love to look round the inside the house or do you ever have open days for the public to look round the inside of the house?

This was a question I asked in 2013 on the RSPB Community Forum. Does the RSPB still have open days on where you can visit inside  the house itself which is actually named The Lodge which is where tthe headquarters staff of the RSPB  work and  Mrs T(Claire) managed to get this information for me back in 2013 where the RSPB did have open days at certain weekends every year on a Sunday when the sta not working at the RSPB Headquarters and these open days where organised by the Local Authirity and the open day tours where lead by a historian inside the house itself at the Lodge Reserve.  open days at The Lodge Reserve for tours inside the house itself still take place lead by a historian. I haven’t heard whether these open days still take place twice each year at weekends

Regards,

Ian.

• Jennifer T said:

Hello, yes we do offer tours and these occur most years. They are often planned well in advance and usually occur when the offices are closed. Sometimes these tours are led by a local historian who is able to give a detailed history of the building. Once I have an idea of some dates I will post these up for you or direct to where they can be found.

And this the reply from Mrs T(Claire)

Regards,

Ian.

• Hi Ian,

Good question! We no longer do the tours sadly. It might be something that is revisited in the future but there is a lot of structural work going on at RSPB HQ at the moment, which doesn't lend itself to good tours!

Vincent
    Visitor Experience Manager