Resterant at The Lodge

With other major RSPB reserves having a Resterant as well as an RSPB Shop AND with The Lodge being the headquarters of The RSPB, has the RSPB considered having a Resterant or Cafe at The Lodge as I'm sure would be very much enjoyed by birdwatchers and others members of the public alike and would be a welcome addition  after spending an afternoons Birdwatching and looking at other wildlife and I'm sure it would bring in much worthwhile money for The RSPB.

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:

With other major RSPB reserves having a Resterant as well as an RSPB Shop AND with The Lodge being the headquarters of The RSPB, has the RSPB considered having a Resterant or Cafe at The Lodge as I'm sure would be very much enjoyed by birdwatchers and others members of the public alike and would be a welcome addition  after spending an afternoons Birdwatching and looking at other wildlife and I'm sure it would bring in much worthwhile money for The RSPB.

Hi Thomo I to agree with what you have said I have also put a post about are experience at the lodge.

I do hope someone from the Lodge will read your post and mine and respond to them, 

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• I'll ask the question and find out. Watch this space.

• Hi Thomo & Limpy. Having asked the question of the appropriate person here about the idea of a restuarant, I can confirm that sadly due to lack of funding there are no plans for a restaurant at this time.

• Thank you Claire for your response. It is a pity that RSPB  waste money on tv adverts rather than spend the funds on someting better like a cafe at the Lodge.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

• Hi Limpy, I am sorry to hear you feel as you do about our TV ad. TV is by far the most engaging media and we need it to tell our story in an emotionally engaging way. It is estimated that the advert will reach over 42 million people (that’s 85% of the UK population). Only by inspiring more support for our cause can we play a bigger role in helping tackle the growing threats to the nature we love and need so much. The majority of the money we’re investing in the TV advertising comes out of our existing communications budget, and, where possible, we’ve re-allocated money that would otherwise have been spent on other communications.

• Thanks MrsT for you response I do understand were you are coming from.

I personally feel money could  be better spent. But that is just thoughts.

MrsT I would like someone to respond to my other blog.

By the way I sill think you are a lovely lady.

Magnus Ullman

• No worries Limpy, what other blog would you like me to look at? Can you point me in the right direction.

• Jennifer T said:

No worries Limpy, what other blog would you like me to look at? Can you point me in the right direction.

What a shocker. on the Lodge page

Magnus Ullman

• I've tried to download that link, and it seems to be taken for ever. Still problems on this website.

Regards,

Ian.

• Unknown said:

Alan many thanks for your help on this.

Magnus Ullman