I received the very sad news last night that Gordon Allison, the warden of our Elmley Reserve in North Kent died suddenly yesterday morning. He was a great birder, always a good laugh and will be sorely missed within the RSPB and the greater brding community. No longer will I be able to find something special for him at Northward Hill on the annual countryside fair. I hope Tony Morris does not mind me using this picture of Gordon from his blog. Gordon was only 50.

Howard Vaughan, Information Officer

Parents
  • I first met Gordon at Gibraltar Point in 1987 and he has always been a great friend (he came to our wedding and gave my wife a rolling pin!). Since 2008 those of us from Gib in the late 1980's have been meeting up in the autumn to bird and to reminisce. Our meet up will be more sombre this year but, as I;m sure many people will say, our lives have been greatly enriched by knowing Gordon W Allison.

Judy, our sincere condolences to you and your family. I'd love to be there to say goodbye to Gordon. Message me if you can.

Paul Gosling

Comment
  • I first met Gordon at Gibraltar Point in 1987 and he has always been a great friend (he came to our wedding and gave my wife a rolling pin!). Since 2008 those of us from Gib in the late 1980's have been meeting up in the autumn to bird and to reminisce. Our meet up will be more sombre this year but, as I;m sure many people will say, our lives have been greatly enriched by knowing Gordon W Allison.

Judy, our sincere condolences to you and your family. I'd love to be there to say goodbye to Gordon. Message me if you can.

Paul Gosling

Children
No Data