I received the very sad news last night that Gordon Allison, the warden of our Elmley Reserve in North Kent died suddenly yesterday morning. He was a great birder, always a good laugh and will be sorely missed within the RSPB and the greater brding community. No longer will I be able to find something special for him at Northward Hill on the annual countryside fair. I hope Tony Morris does not mind me using this picture of Gordon from his blog. Gordon was only 50.

Howard Vaughan, Information Officer

Parents
  • Such terribly sad news. Gordon will be missed greatly and so will his love and immense knowledge of the North Kent Marshes, it's wildlife and habitats. We have many fond memories of Gordon especially our day onboard Rainbow Warrior. Our thoughts and sympathies are with his family at this very sad time.

Gill, Joan and George

Comment
  • Such terribly sad news. Gordon will be missed greatly and so will his love and immense knowledge of the North Kent Marshes, it's wildlife and habitats. We have many fond memories of Gordon especially our day onboard Rainbow Warrior. Our thoughts and sympathies are with his family at this very sad time.

Gill, Joan and George

Children
No Data