Howard Vaughan, Information Officer

• Oops apolgies Howard, I had not realised that the latest Comment goes at the top here, rather than at the bottom as on the Forums(-:).

• Howard, I'm not sure that you answered Ian's first question fully. We know that a membership card identifies and RSPB member, but what identifies a resident of the Boroughs of Havering and Thurrock. Presumably they have to produce someform of ID?

• Out of interest, do local residents who are not members of the RSPB, have some sort of free admission card to show that they live locally to get free admission.

Regards,

Ian.

Regards,

Ian.

• Hi Ian...  thanks for the question.....

Our entrance fee here has been fixed at £3 for some considerable time, and we believe £5 still represents very good value – giving access to over 2 miles of nature trail, 4 hides, and other various features. The rise is in line with a national review of entrance fees on our reserves - sadly, nature conservation does not come cheap. Members and local residents continue to enjoy free access and the walk along the river wall continues to be available freely to all. All the best, Howard

Howard Vaughan, Information Officer

• It's a much bigger price rise than any of the other RSPB Reserves during 2014 Minsmere, Salthome, Loch Garten Osprey Visitor Centre etc and they have just had £1.00 price rises, of which I do agree with. But why the steeper than usual price rise for non members of the RSPB from £3.00 to £5.00, of which I think is a bit steep for a price rise? And to confirm I am an RSPB member who gets free admission and it won't affect me.

Regards,

Ian.

Regards,

Ian.