Ouse Fen

Hello,

Can anyone tell anything about the Ouse Fen and how to get there I would be very interested.

Dave

• In Cambridgshire between St Ives and Earith.

• Hi Dave

The reedbed creation areas of the reserve can be accessed easily from Over Village. There is no official parking at that end but it can be reached from Fen End or Overcote Road which are both signposted from the high street in the village. The north side of the river we manage Barleycroft lake and  some of the Needingworth settlement lagoons. Both can be accessed from Needingworth village. Theres also a new bridleway which starts at Earith bridge, (follow the lane behind the EA office on the bridge), it will take you around to a small metal bridge, follow the way markers and it will take you to the "hot spots" in the reserve. From that bridleway you have a fair chance of spotting the rough leg buzzard, orange hen harrier (hen x pallid probably?), merlin, marsh harriers, hen harriers, peregrine and the usual suspects.

Its a fantastic place, Its not very well signposted yet!!

If you have any more questions send me a message and I will forward my details and you can get in touch.

Cheers

Ricky