Good Friday

This looks like being the only sunny day of the bank holiday weekend so we had to get out to the Wetlands. We weren't the only ones to think the same. The car parks were overflowing by the end of the day. Still we enjoyed the day very much. Firstly hearing a Chiffchaff calling along Perry Lane.

Hearing that there was a Firecrest sighted beyond the wood we spent some time spotting Goldcrests on the viewing platform. We continued along the path to find the Firecrest right next to it. It flitted around for over 30 mins with amazingly good views being given. The movement was still too much for me to capture with my bridge camera zoomed in. Still I am pleased that I have shots that are plenty good enough for identification.

We thought it may be difficult to tell from a Goldcrest but once seen the difference is striking. The dark near the eye with the clear white above stands out as opposed to the large looking panda eyes of a Goldcrest.

We then went back around to hear the Bittern booming but no way we were going to see that. A definite spring feeling. A lovely walk and enjoyed meeting and talking to all the other birders.