Catch Up - Beardies - Summer 2015

I've not posted for some time, because I didn't want to end up being the only one posting and monopolise this forum, but thanks to Colin and Graham who have both posted recently I've been inspired to make a contribution! I was going to do a general update with a range of species but as I look back on the photos since my last post I realised that I've got quite a few Beardies and so I'm going to post these separately.

Hope you like them!

• I do JL ... Fabulous collection of pics of this lovely looking bird I have yet to see for myself!  We do have them at Stodmarsh in the extensive reedbeds, just not been fortunate yet!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thank you John it is good to see their breeding success maybe next year I can spend some quality time there and see them for myself

• Thanks both! I've got to admit they were more active and visible  earlier this year and have been quite reclusive for the past few weeks - they are there, but really keeping their heads down so it's always a great when we catch a glimpse!

• wonderful set of photos John, its good to see the Beardies and can't wait to visit L.Moss again, perhaps next month when there's more chance seeing them on the grit pathway and trays.    

Regards, Hazel 

• That's a lot of photos. Well done John. I can't say I've even heard one in the last 3 weeks. Such clear views.

• Thanks so much Colin and Hazy.

Hazel you are so lucky to have the birds in Leighton using the grit trays. they installed some here about 18 months ago but I've never seen them used. They do make use of the grit on the paths though.

Colin I agree they have really become secretive recently, which contrasts with September a couple of years ago when I saw a large flock of adults. All we can say is that they are totally unpredictable which is, I suppose, what makes seeing them so special!

• Welcome back JL and what a start back you have made. That is a lovely set of photos of the lovely beardies. As I said to Hazy when she posted her lovely long tailed tits which were also gorgeous, the are so cute. Another one I wish I had in my garden.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• What a lovely welcome Catlady, I've got to confess I did get a bit despondent that we've failed to re-build the online community in Newport that we enjoyed before the 'makeover' a couple of years ago  but I have got loads of photos that I think worth sharing so watch this space!

• Well said John, I think that maybe things are starting to look a bit better.  At one point over the last wee while page two on the forum was a few days back, but looking better now. Folks are returning, so hopefully we will have a great autum and winter (and beyond) with the banter, photos and stories that we used to have. Look forward to your other photos.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.