So what didn't appear at Minsmere today?

What an unbelievable day it was at Minsmere today.  It seemed that everything in the reserve was showing itself today - at the Visitor Centre, the radio was going off every five minutes to confirm that yet another species had been seen!  Eventually the handwriting on the sightings board had had to shrink to accountant size in an effort to fit everything on it.  I managed to see and snap a good number of different things, with varying success - check out this lot:

Two greylag geese fly past.  I love geese, they tell me they're coming and from which direction!

I loved this robin but I loved the light around him even more.

Tow stunning finches - Goldie and Greenie!

Yes!!!!!  The goldcrest finally sat still.

Hard on the heels of the goldcrest was this beautiful tree creeper!

This mute swan shows why it looks so glowingly white.

Sheer perfection as it flies off!

It's that chiffchaff again!

Blimey!  I got the bearded tit!  BLIMEY!!!!!!!!

This great sculpture stands near the Discovery Centre.

It makes a nice change to see a dunnock flaunting itself high up - and what a beautiful singing voice it has.

Another beautiful singer!

It would have been sacrilege to not include the pheasant's glowing colours.

This is the brightest I have ever seen a magpie's tail shining - I thought I could see glass before I realised what it was.

Had to have a gull in here somewhere.  I think it's a young herring gull but if I'm wrong please tell me!

This little egret looks a surprisingly strong bird in flight.

As if by magic a stonechat appeared - and posed!

There's a snipe in here somewhere.....honest!

Sunset over the Island Mere

The views are just stunning.

I really hope you all enjoy this thread!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

Parents Reply Children