Beware of that biting farm dog.

As a regular weekly visitor to Middleton Lakes we are aware of the farm dogs, however earlier this week we were attacked by one of the dogs. He was muzzled but flew straight at me, my wife and our grand daughter and was trying to bite us. The speed he attacks at is frightening. I hope someone can have a word with either the farmer, or if not the police to try and keep this dog away from the enthusiast trying to enjoy the wonderful middleton lakes. Its certainly put us off returning again.
  • Can we have some update on this. This will put off many especially parents with young children. The muzzle is one thing but if it so aggressive it should be locked up or!!!

• I will alert Middleton Lakes to your post. Please bear with us.

• Many thanks for bringing this incident to our attention. It is our understanding that the dog you have mentioned is under a dog control order which means it must have a muzzle on at all times. The control order is the result of a complaint made to Warwickshire Police.

We would encourage anyone to report any incident to Warwickshire Police as they can then determine if further action is required. If you live in Warwickshire you can dial 101 to get in touch with them.  Alternatively call 01926 415000.

Also, it would be useful to report this information to Andrew Kirby who is the Dog Warden for North Warwickshire Borough Council.  His email is andrewkirby@northwarks.gov.uk Tel: 01827 719350.

For our part we will also be taking steps to improve fencing around the farm to deter the dog from approaching our visitors.

Please be assured we take complaints like this very seriously but do rely on people reporting incidents to the police.  Any necessary action can only be taken if individuals report them directly.

Thanks for letting us know so quickly,

Nick Martin, Middleton Lakes Senior Site Manager

• I would like to visit with my children and I would be grateful if you could advise the area to avoid the dogs.  My children would be very frightened and I want to make sure we have a good day.

Many thanks.

• Hi. I have been informed by the local police that they have been in contact with the owner of the dog to ensure it is kept under control under the order issued previously to the owner. The police assure me that they are monitoring this now and will take action if they do not comply. We have been to the site twice since I reported this and each time the dog has been caged. I dont think there is any concern now but just be aware. There is also the older dog around but he is no problem in fact a big softy.