• Fabulous report Sue C and my geography not good and have RW visited where Bynack and Leri disappeard and not RW fault but I do tthink the area is worth a visit. ?

Probably no reason as RW young have a good return rate. We know Leri and Bynack and Joe for definate missing and Joe dead as his body was found. I FULLY support RW for their progame but why not educate the danger area,? I fully support but we know a bad area and hope RW go there and I do want to see nice vidoes but ok go in a nice area. We all know a danger Zone and Bynack made lots ot trips to the coast but had to go back to as said his favourite tree

Blue Yd I hope stays and if not following Darling Bynacks habits. Now Blue YD do not go back and we will all be happy

• Rutland Team nearer where Alba disappeared than Bynack or Leri but would have to cross into Senegal. Lake District osprey 12 was lost in the Gambia so there are no safe areas.

• Thanks Sue C - A good start to the trip spotting two identified Scottish Ospreys Red 7R and Yellow 68.

Are these birds new to us all - I was having a wee look for them in your spreadsheet.

• Red 7R and Yellow 68 are new to us as far as I know.

• Unknown said:

Thank you RACHEL and Hello to you

I had a feeling that the information was not around but was not sure why there was a gap. Your explanation is sound and will not get myself frustrated searching for it anymore.

I do try and keep files on most Ospreys as I always fear web pages will be deleted and links not work.

Same happened at Loch Garten when they re-vamped the site.

Are you any wiser on my first query regarding the identity of the orphaned chick placed in nest O apart from the info already provided.

Just a thought, but all the info missing from the RW site, may have been put into the book coming out in March .... I hope so! :)

I miss all the old info with links too, I've spent many hours reading and putting the 'Family Tree' together.

• Tiger yes new but I honestly bet you know where from and do not want to know and thank you.

Sue C. I have lot to learn and naive. thank you

So many nests not known and very interesting

i do not want to know but always said so many nests we do not know about and even if Ej's have survived we will never know with none public nests unless spotted.

Now Ej has never been spotted except LG  so there must be some survivors.

• Alan P no safe areas absolutely right

• Hazel b said:

Red 7R and Yellow 68 are new to us as far as I know.

Yes they are new to me - I have added them to the spreadsheet.

Frustratingly, they appear to have seen some other ringed birds, as they have identified them as "Scottish", but have not given their IDs.

A major reason for the RW project to be based in Gambia is that there's no language barrier, as the educational system uses English. 

• We have Red 8T, Red 7J (Nimrod),  Red 6J the Welshpool female of 2004  these are three famous 2001 birds that come to mind.

• Thanks for the link Sue - a great project, and some good osprey watching too! I'm also a bit frustrated that they haven't told us more about the other birds they identified.

Oh and I presume Tim meant yellow/black 68, from the photo, not yellow/white as written (although I imagine the yellow/white combination doesn't actually exist due to lack of contrast between the two colours).

"Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity. And I'm not too sure about the universe..." - Albert Einstein