• First - Many Thanks to TIGER and NITE OWL.

TIGER - I have been at this days looking for that blog and wish I could retrieve this as quick but not sure how you can retrieve the information so quick on RW Pages. I did like the old pages they used from the translocations up to 2006 with so many easy to use links.

Now I take it we do not even know if any of these chicks are actually Blue AW/Unringed female at nest O or of 08/97-5N(04) descendent. Maybe the one that died was the orphaned chick - and within a nest of three we can have an osprey with differing markings.

Or am I mis-interpretating somewhere.

• Next question - Where is post 2007 information archived and prior to 2010 as the new design appears from 2010. there appears to be a gap but maybe i just can not find it.

I am looking for a particular activity in 2008.

• Unknown said:
    Now I take it we do not even know if any of these chicks are actually Blue AW/Unringed female at nest O or of 08/97-5N(04) descendent. Maybe the one that died was the orphaned chick - and within a nest of three we can have an osprey with differing markings.

You are right that we do not know but it is felt that the middle chick with the white head might be the offspring of  8 (97)/ 5N

Of course we now know that the two chicks fathered by 8 (97) in 2010 did return to Rutland in 2012  a 100% return rate.

• Thanks for confirming that TIGER - I will just note what you said in my records unless we here otherwise.

Yes a good return from 2010 and Blue 03 (09) also - pitty he never bred earlier rather than chasing off all his females - :):).

I am hoping his chick of 2011 survived and returns home - 08/97 a sad end to a good osprey.

Never heard of the other three - 2007 brood of two or 04 (09).

You can guess I am tidying up my 08 (97) File.

• Unknown said:

Next question - Where is post 2007 information archived and prior to 2010 as the new design appears from 2010. there appears to be a gap but maybe i just can not find it.

I am looking for a particular activity in 2008.

I have repeatedly tried and failed to find this info too. Unless Tiger knows otherwise, my suspicion is that they kept the same URL with the 2010 revamp, and just over-wrote (if not actively removed) the existing pages, so that the information is no longer accessible :( Very frustrating.

• Thank you RACHEL and Hello to you

I had a feeling that the information was not around but was not sure why there was a gap. Your explanation is sound and will not get myself frustrated searching for it anymore.

I do try and keep files on most Ospreys as I always fear web pages will be deleted and links not work.

Same happened at Loch Garten when they re-vamped the site.

Are you any wiser on my first query regarding the identity of the orphaned chick placed in nest O apart from the info already provided.

• Hi Keith (and a belated 'Happy New Year'). I have no more info than already mentioned re the 'orphan' site N chick from 2011. Last I heard was that the DNA had been lost/ 'misplaced', so unless it miraculously turns up (unlikely?) I suppose we will never know.

I just hope whichever institution had it, they didn't have the cheek to ask Rutland to pay for whatever they were supposed to have done!

• Have we had any news from W Africa yet from Tim and co?

• patily said:

Have we had any news from W Africa yet from Tim and co?

No but Frédéric Bacuez has made a few posts on Dyfi and has posted some pictures of  when he met them in 2011.

• First report from the Rutland Team in Gambia