LG Osprey GABFEST for November 2012

The 2012 Loch Garten season started with disappointments.  Then we lost the baby in traumatic circumstances. Then in October we lost the second of this year’s chicks, Alba.

So now in November we look forward to following the adventures of our one surviving tracked LG youngster, Caledonia.  She apparently left home to move to the city, where she has been exploring city life.  Will she become a city girl or will she eventually pack up and move on to Africa?  They say you can take the girl out of country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl.   Many hope she will stay in Spain.   We shall see. 

We will be following other tagged UK osprey as well as other birds and wildlife as interesting nests or stories become available.

Also during November we hope to have another Music Night and our third StreetWalk.

• Just looking at Caledonia's last point in GE on the 29th October, she is never very far away from that river, but look to the left and we see a town and a motorway, can you imagine driving along that motorway and seeing Caledonia flying over.    I just cannot imagine that she has been there all that time and we dont have any confirmation from any Birder/Ornitholigy clubs, I know jsb has put out alerts to see if she has been sighted.    Who fancies a holiday to Seville then lol....

Going out now, BBL

• Mary and Karen, I am glad that each of you have picked on on back posts for comment.  I hate to see good topics lost just because a page has been turned, or even a new month started.  I hope your comments will encourage others to comment on remarks that interest them even though the original conversation may be "lost" in back pages.

• Karen W said:

Hi everyone,

.  He had over 1600 – they were all over his house, garage – everywhere. 

Be careful where you sit....:-0

Mary stunning picture of the Red Kite - thankyou!

• Unknown said:

.  I hope your comments will encourage others to comment on remarks that interest them even though the original conversation may be "lost" in back pages.

You may live to regret that invitation, June.....I only manage to get online a couple of times a week, if that lol

Seriously though thankyou -I have often refrained from commenting on a post way back in a conversation, and it's good to know it's OK to back track :-)

• Reply to MaryGK regarding various comments on here about the merits of staying logged in, or of logging out on this Site -

This was under discussion on other threads on the Site about a year ago, and the consensus was that it is best to stay logged in all the time, as sometimes there seem to be gremlins on here and then it can be extremely difficult to get access when you are logged out!

I for one, always stay logged in.

• I'm going now so have a good day and nice evening all :-)

• Hi and bye mims, I have just logged on :)

June I love your picture of a typical Novemember day where you are.  Yes it does make you thankful for warm Clothes and heating.  There is going to be a frost here tonight but nice and warm in the house.

Mary, I am glad you found it funny.  A truly lovely Stag and if I was a doe, never mind the rut, I would run away with him. Maybe to Gretna Green. I wonder if he as the B....s

The red Kite picture is lovely Mary and interesting about Caledonia :) near a motorway and town and maybe good she has not been spotted

Lindybird, I tick the box to stay logged on but does not work anymore and have to log on the main page every time I log on,

Hi to Karen and everyone

• Music Night and Street Walk for November

Now that our last streetwalk is finished and we have had time to catch our breath, it is time to plan dates and topics for these two events in November.

Regarding times and dates:

Thinking about spacing two events during the month and your own personal schedule, what times/dates do you prefer?  Find impossible?

Do we need to try to avoid  times that conflict with Xfactor and  Strictly? Or Autumn Watch?

What about Holidays or Special days of any kind.  Are there days that we might join or need to avoid?

Music Night:   Now is the time to make a suggestion for orto  be thinking about our next topic.

• B&B - glad you liked the photo of the Red Kite, thought it was great, the videos on the BBC Website are interesting too.

These have been Caledonia's haunts for all these weeks, so far so good, not sure what Spain are like as to regards to hunters etc., havent read anything about them, all we can hope for is that she stays safe and comes back to LG in future years.    I thought Alba was the one that would follow in EJ's footsteps, how wrong was I.  

Chuckling at you being a roe and trotting off with NiteOwls Stag Ha Ha....    No need to go to Gretna I think, that Stag would be off with you in an instant.   Did you hear on Autumn Watch about the Roe deers sometimes going off when in season and having her way with another Stag, then comes back to her group and Stag.   Now doesnt that story sound familiar, EJ springs to mind LOL.

Wonder why you cannot stay logged on, that is strange as I said I have never ever logged out so dont have a problem.

• June personally, I would prefer either Friday or Sunday to be able to watch X Factor and Strictly.  Autumn Watch I think is not on at the Weekends.

My suggestion again is "Classic songs" songs that will always be remembered.

"GOOD MUSIC DOES NOT GET OLD IT GETS BETTER"