LG Osprey GABFEST - November

October has come and gone and once again it is time to open a new thread for the Gabfest..

During October we did finish the movie WILD MOUNTAIN THYME, complete with musical score, as planned. We launched it into distribution with its own World Premier. The Stars and most of the Supporting Cast were there appropriately dressed for their glitzy walk down the red carpet. Unfortunately co-stars EJ & ODEN and family were unable to attend as they are all currently on migration to Africa.

Keith surprised us with some very interesting bird & wildlife reports direct from the Sahara Dessert and from his own equatorial Island in the Sun. His on-the-spot factual reports helped us to understand the dangers our osprey face once they complete their long hazardous journey.

Our first music night was a smashing success that left everyone eager for the second.

Then we ended the month with a wonderfully thoughtful and caring discussion of the benefits or possible harm of the tracking of osprey and other birds.

NOVEMBER will bring continued reports and DISCUSSIONS of our own “Special Three“, Tore, Bynack and Rothes who have arrived safely in Africa. We will be watching especially for news of Bynack who has been in an area that seems to be potentially dangerous. We will be watching also for updates of young Ozwold who was VERY reluctant to leave Bonnie Scotland, but is finally taking a stopover in Spain where Roy Dennis says he can safely winter. So, will Ozwold stay in Spain? or will he move south?, on his own unique time schedule? We will also be following the adventures and misadventures of other tagged osprey, including Einion who had us holding our breath while he made a huge circle over the Atlantic, his siblings from the Dyfi nest and others that may come to our attention.  All this and much more is discussed on the Gabfest.

We expect to have The Second Gabfest Music Night toward the end of the month. The theme is yet to be discussed & determined.

This is the Freedom Forum, where fun, fact and fantasy combine to make a very unique thread. So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

• Off to bed now... No boomerang from me!!

Night shift tomorrow, means I'll miss Autumn watch.. I'll catch it on Saturday morning.

Night night All

Black Jag.. x

All for one and one for all.

• June.... You made me boomerang..lol... Sounds like a brillant place.. a haven, as I said...

Hope it stays that way.

Night night. x

• I must go to bed and black jag I do know Roy Dennis as done a fantastic job with Ospreys but I am not convinced about putting a harness and aerial on a beautiful bird that as a difficult life from day one. "The Big Fight" at Dyfi makes me wonder as that is on a nest and in the wild ?

Yes I admit I have followed but if i am being honest I would sooner not know. Yes Oswald was late leaving. What have we learnt this year that we did not know before? Ok Oswald was late leaving but he was good at fishing a smart young bird. I would sooner see a ring identified and as people have said Garten will be back. Joe/Leri/Bynack in a difficult area. Thankfully Bynack as moved and maybe no choice. To me let them leave the nest with rings and be elated when identified when back. LG have to be a bit more interested and some of the intruders could be EJ's young.

Honestly I have enjoyed following and until anyone can justify the reasons except for pleasure then it has to be stopped. Sorry all but that is my oppinion.

As I said I am on the fence and yes have changed my views but in principle, I would sooner have ringing only.

Night night all

• B&B SAID "June you can hear the hussle a bustle on the videos of New York and what a fascinating story and pictures and videos, I can see me spending hrs on there so might be away from the Gabfest for a while lol."  I knew I shouln't give it to you.  We need you her! :)  Seriously it is a facinating site, isn't it?

• June yes it is and cannot wait to spend time on it.

The hussle and bustle gripped me so much and did read Pale male arrived as a youngster in 1991 and "first love" was injured and moved to the Raptor trust in New Jersey and they got back together and raised several eyasses. That is as far as I have got and totally fascinated.

Must go June and Sunshine:)

• Black Jag You shouldn't have asked! I'm probably  giving more info than you ever wanted to know, but just a few more links - oops! connections.  

Google "Ocracoke Island."  An "early morning start-late nite  home" drive & ferry boat ride to the south is ocracoke Island, home of Blackbeard the Pirate, a beautiful litehouse plus one site I think many of you (especially KEITH) will be particularly interested in.  Any time we were on Ocracoke we always went to this  place to "pay our respects",  

Google "British Cemetary on   Ocracoke Island"

If I should die think only this of me
    that there's some corner of a foreign field
    that is forever England
                       Rupert Brooke

O.  We had this poem in  high school.  I memorized it simply because I liked it.  Then years laer, found it at this tiny British cemetery on Ocracoke Island.

• On the subject of respect,

on another thread it's been pointed out that it is 11-11-11 no difference in UK and US dates.

I am in wonder this morning, of all mornings, I found this growing in my back garden...

It's a poor image, taken on my phone, but you can see a tiny wild poppy

We will remember them.

• In Flanders fields the poppies blow
    Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
    Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
    We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie
    In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
    To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
    We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
    In Flanders fields.

• They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

• Yes, WE WILL REMEMBER.  Thanks, Black jag.  These are special moments.