The Osprey Chat Thread for September 2011

In response to the demand for an osprey chat thread I am now making one for September 2011.  I guess there will be quite a bit to chat about given the success of the extension thread.

• moffer  You got plenty to be going on with then. Actually because of all talk about book I fished out  OSPREYS A natural and UNNATURAL HISTORY by Alan F. Poole.  I had heard of this book for a long time and somone kindly bought it for me as a gift some time ago. Now is the first time I get to look at it properly.

• Good morning ALL :)   Gosh, haven't posted here for nearly two weeks with hectic work and all but, of course, I am still following "our" juves Tore & Bynack and the Dyfi Ospreys :) :)  Also Joe and Ozwald!  It's just great to be able to follow them :)  Have missed you all though - following them by yourself - as work and time permits - is not half as good as sharing the ups and downs here :(

Sooooooooo relieved that Tore & Bynack OK :)  Kinda wish Tore would make a move over the Channel but she IS staying safe :) 

Einion!  Phew!  The last time I checked FB he was in Plymouth!  Am actually quite glad I missed the following  ... edge of your seat ... nail-biting time .... until the next updates!  Only today did I find out about his next flight to France and now safely over the Bay of Biscay and safely in Spain!!!  How each juve differs in their routes is amazing.  We would never know any of this information if it were not for sat tagging :)

Flicked through the posts tonight - Cirrus - awwwwwwww !!!!  THANK YOU ;)  belated welcome from me to GrahamT and thank you everyone for pics and links.  Will get back to most of the links tomorrow but had to check one or two out tonight.  Alan - thank you for the pic of Deshar.  I didn't "know" him but made me quite tearful, to say the least.  God bless his soul.

Tiger and ChloeB - thank you for the pics of the blue teddy in the nest!  Who would have thougth it?!  Thank you also, SO VERY MUCH, for your fabulous site ChloeB - I have seen that you have been updating and improving often.  If my mind gets muddled on LG stats - as I newbie - I KNOW a place to put my head straight!!  Great to see Dyfi 2011 stats there too.  Your work is appreciated :)  Thank you.  Having said all that, I just tried to access your site which has been in my Favourites for a long time and it says the link is broken.  I will be around tomorrow so will try again :)

Guess I'm going on a bit now but hey, there's no-one else around so I'm not doing any harm.  Missing seeing our family in the flesh too (Scylla & Moffer)   :(  I wonder where EJ and Odin are RIGHT NOW.  Their nest awaits them for 2012 - but maybe Odin needs to bring a lawnmower? LOL

Goodnight ALL.

P.S.  OFF TOPIC ALERT!!! 

Just need to say thank you to GrahamT for the intro to PPO :) :)  What a beautiful bird and an amazing story.  I read your post earlier and just HAD to follow the links.  She is there now with her two eggs .... :)