Weekly Chat page, Tuesday, September 1, 2009

OK, let's see how this goes. Maybe use this page for general chat, which can include ospreys, but also non-osprey related chatter? It also doesn't have to be Daily, but time will tell. It may not take shape until after the Diary goes away.

As Carol noted, Tiger set up the "Tracking Rothes and Mallachie" page, which might be the best place for serious observations about our girls and their progress. There's also a "Tracking Other UK Ospreys" page .

In the meantime, we can twitter on about ospreys, dogs, guinea pigs, kids, vacations, etc., - and post poems - here without boring the "osprey only" members of the community.

Feel free to boo loudly and make suggestions if you see any problems. Thanks everyone!

• Maureen ~ said:

Hi Tish

I too got the same message on My Page...I have replied and will not be rising to the bait again. We are here for Rothes an Mallachie and joining/enjoying them in their travels.

Have a lovely holiday next week and take a rest.

Love x x x x x

Maureen

Maureen ~ said:

Hi Tish

I too got the same message on My Page...I have replied and will not be rising to the bait again. We are here for Rothes an Mallachie and joining/enjoying them in their travels.

Have a lovely holiday next week and take a rest.

Love x x x x x

Maureen

Please go to my page.  Thank you.

Everything in life is speaking in spite of its apparent silence.

• It's been pouring buckets here and I looked out the lounge window and saw a saprrow with webbed feet. :)

Everything in life is speaking in spite of its apparent silence.

• I have just logged in again after reading Richards updates for the past two days. It looks as if Rothes is staying put for the moment and Mallachie is making her way south, to the west of Northants. Very windy here but lovely sunshine in between the clouds.   There are too many blogs to read but will take it that you are all talking generally.

Stilll waiting for the birds to come back to the garden - have put out seed etc but only the occasional one coming in, hope it won't be too long till they return!!!!!!!!

• New blog from Richard

The only source of knowledge is experience. Albert Einstein

• Sorry, got names wrong in initial post (too many pages open)

Hey Karen:  When I checked Mallachie earlier last night, it still showed her pre-Birmingham (per Richard's blog). The update I referred was the one that actually showed her there.

Sue: Do appreciate your catching the techy questions - and your suggestion about how to fnd the latest post is faster then the way I've been doing it.

• This being a new page (8) I'll just  reiterate what Carol has told us:  there's a new blog!

• Morning all!

ALAN: I really do miss your Tracy Island avatar and terse, funny remarks about IR. Just seeing the avatar (why does that word sound predatory?) used to make me smile in anticipation of what was to come. I know it'd be too much trouble to change your  visual persona depending on which page you're on, but hope we haven't seen the last of Tracy Island. Just FYI, If you Google Tracy Island, you get the Wikipedia info on the program, but the next listing I saw was for a town in California called Tracy (East of San Francisco) that calls itself TracyIslandOnline. 

• Annette , Tracy Island has been put on hold for now but you can be sure you have not heard the last of it. Thanks for the info on TracyIslandOnline. FAB

• Alan: Re Tracy Island Online - they have a blog - geez. Just think of the possibilities.... When you changed your avatar (and I'm heading next to Roget's Thesaurus to find an alternative) I got out my magnifying glass to see if there was a Tracy Island motto on it, but then you explained its noble origins.

We've been stuck in the back of our house due to remodeling so I haven't been able to watch the visiting birds, but do expect the Bullock's Orioles and multiple hummingbirds to start leaving soon (though heaven knows why, we are still in full summer mode here).

• Dear Folks: May I make a very humble suggestion that we ignore negative stuff, no matter the source or how just/unjust we feel it might be?  If we ignore, it will simply die from lack of attention.