• Keith I can only base my thoughts on my experiences - many times prior to this year have I visited both Lowes and LG.  Prior to this year when visiting Lowes they were enthusuastic and willing to answer questions about the birds (the reason for the majority of the visitors being there).  Also over many years when visiting LG  the situation has been the same but the difference is that this year LG continue to have the same amazing enthusiasm for the Ospreys and the visitors to the hide (they make every visitor feel as if they are the first visitor to walk through the door that day and also long before a hatching date).  The are prepared to answer a variety of questions and infact they actually engage you in the conversation and will help you spot the birds when they are not on the nest - Lowes on the other hand have been the exact opposite this year and hence the reason I have only visited twice - on both ocassions the staff were behind the reception desk chatting as visitors played through the old recordings from previous years.  Never was anybody sitting at the camera chatting (as Peter and Rinchen etc used to) or engaging the visitors in conversation.  Regardless of the fact that there were no chicks this year I was still very interested in the adult birds but the blogs are scant to say the least and they seemed to keep picking the same questions to answer in their blog (if you look back the same 4 or 5 questions were answered repeatedly, I know I certainly sent emails into their box with a variety of questions none of which ever appeared).  I think it would have been better if like this site they had continued to allow you to respond to the blog and help with queries as Richard and team at LG often do.

• Sandra - I may be wrong, but I rather got the impression that there was a specific instance or instances where images from last year had been used in a way SWT couldn't reasonably ignore (ie not just for personal use/ posting on 'fan' type forums - both technically illegal, but not the type of re-use that I think most reasonable folk would take exception to). Which isn't to say that I don't regret that they - or, more to the point, their lawyers - felt they had to be quite so heavy-handed in reaction.

That said, the complete staff turnover from last year to this does rather suggest more going on below the surface than we are aware of, but maybe at Head Office level rather than locally. Last year's team were outstanding, and a real loss to SWT - a hard act for any completely new group of staff to follow, even if it had been a 'normal' year. I wish I was more certain that head office appreciated the calibre of the people they have lost or let go.

• Rachel and Lmac thnk you for an informative posting. LMac I can not disagree with your views on LG as I visit regularly  being only one hour away and whenever I turn up the entusiasm is as you describe. However there has been a big turn around at LOL and also with the disapppoointment of nest failure sometimes whoever was local on the ground it is difficult - I rememeber visiting LG during difficult times when there were no chicks and the adults abandoned early - it was a difficult time for the staff at LG with nothing on the nest and coach loads turning up so I do feel for LOL rather than want to "Kick them somewhere where it hurts".

I am sure they will get over this dissapointmnet not sure if it will be next year or a few years on all dependent on The life of Ospreys and things will improve. I do feel for the new seasonal ranger Anna so entusiastic looking foorward to the new season on 1/4 then it went horribly wrong.

Rachel there was an incident why SWT went copyright as you mentioned and maybe people should be aware of this before condeming them as you rightly point out.

• Laird had a new female visitor this morning and one he did not like very much at all. She sat on the nest for 5 mins or so with him mantling and then she flew away. I think we can safely assume Lady has left for warmer climates.:(

• So no recent sighting of our dear Lady so it looks as though she has set off on migration.  Safe journey to her and she will in good condition after not having chicks this year.  Sad to see the empty nest but it looks ready for next year.

Margobird

• I saw Laird on the nest at 8:15 this morning, he brought in a stick then left.

I wish Lady a very safe journey and hope to see her back next year. She is such a very Special Osprey and I love her to bits!!!

If nothing goes right, go left! :-)

• Safe journey to lady if she has already left.

Perhaps SWT should take heed as to what is going on at other sites before they are left behind.

www.ospreys.org.uk/the-nature-detectives-visit-lyndon

• Have just been reading on the wildlife village site that Roxanne from SWT (I think she was the ranger?) is gone - apparently left due to long term sick????   Another team looks like they are biting the dust there.  

• I have read a site at Peebles and Emma Rawlings is an Osprey officer. Good luck to her and best wishes. They have a Heron nest there and maybe we all see them but not a nest. I just wish it was on camera. Having said that, it is probably better to go see in person.

Keith I have read what you have said and what you say is another different view. I do think Lowes should be more friendly and strange a totally different team. Something is not right and all I hope is that they sort it out for next year. Yes the team must have been devastated when no hatchings, I would be if I was working there.

• Read this on another site today, not sure if it is Lady though, but does sound as if it would be the same as she did last year!!

Apparently at 13.45 yesterday, the camera followed one of the birds circling the loch and flying away. There were no sightings of either of them after that. I wonder if one of them has gone. It sounded very much like how Marge left last year.

If nothing goes right, go left! :-)