Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 July 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The full moon is Sunday morning in the UK and the US. 

Three of the raccoons are growing huge like their mother. The little one is only half the size of his siblings. I wonder if he's healthy.

I'm leaving on Tuesday to spend a few days dog-sitting for my friends in Indianapolis. This has been a bad summer for several personal reasons, and I'm looking forward to a change of scenery. My friends have all the streaming channels. I'm going to watch TV, treat myself to pizza and key lime pie, and cuddle the 5 dogs. 

Everyone have a good week. Love and hugs to all!

• Well done, Pat! Frustrating for you.....

We were rooting for Justin Rose but felt he might not quite manage it. I'm sure he'll receive a nice prize though for being 2nd.

A big surprise that Biden finally caved in - wonder if feeling grim from having covid made him wish he could just retire, now! Interesting to see what happens next....

• Gosh, quiet on here....

Grey skies here with threatening clouds. Its not cold but not very warm, either, for July! Too much to reply to as I'm a bit behind lately.

But OG - Yes, I remember you having a Family Conference a while back but I thought perhaps you'd had to have another in light of recent events. Its a sticky situation for you all. I hope a solution can be found.

A Quote - (not necessarily in relation to my reply to OG!)

There is a light somewhere, 

It may not be much light but

It beats the darkness.

Be on the watch.

The Gods will offer you chances,

Know them...

From The Laughing Heart bCharles Bukowski (German-American poet, 1920-1994)

• Gosh, quiet on here....

Grey skies here with threatening clouds. Its not cold but not very warm, either, for July! Too much to reply to as I'm a bit behind lately.

But OG - Yes, I remember you having a Family Conference a while back but I thought perhaps you'd had to have another in light of recent events. Its a sticky situation for you all. I hope a solution can be found.

A Quote - (not necessarily in relation to my reply to OG!)

There is a light somewhere, 

It may not be much light but

It beats the darkness.

Be on the watch.

The Gods will offer you chances,

Know them...

From The Laughing Heart bCharles Bukowski (German-American poet, 1920-1994)

• Another Quote:

"The thing is to be happy," he said. "No matter what. Just try that.  You can. It gets to be easier and easier. It's nothing to do with circumstances.  You wouldn't believe how good it is.  Accept everything and then tragedy disappears. Or tragedy lightens, anyway, and you're just there, going along easy in the world."

From Dear Life, by Alice Munro (Canadian writer, b. 1931)

I was interested in this one, as I read not long ago that part of dealing with life needs to be acceptance. Maybe that's part of Buddhism,.

• Diane, I add my best wishes that you enjoy your break and change of scenery. I am more of a cat person, and would struggle with five dogs, but I know you love them. I go along with the pizza and Key lime pie, though.

My OH is making slow progress, but he still needs quite a lot of help from me, so I do not have much spare time.

I like the quotes, Lindy. Good to have some positive words.

My tomato plants at last have some flowers now they have seen some sun.