Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 May 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY AURORA BOREALIS (NORTHERN LIGHTS)!

I hope everyone has or will have a chance to see the aurora. This G5 geomagnetic storm is making history as one of the three most powerful in modern times.

I have always wanted to see the aurora borealis, and it has been at the top of my bucket list for many years. Last night, the sky was overcast and rainy over my patch, although elsewhere in my area people took stunning photos of the glorious colors. Tonight, it's clear and the geomagnetic storm is even more intense. I have lingering pneumonia and raging infection, but I am determined to go outdoors around midnight and look for the lights. My land is spooky at night, because of the dark woods and the night creatures (coyotes, bobcats, bats, raccoons, barred owls...), but I WILL see the aurora!

I hope everyone has a good week!

Love and hugs to all.

• Try to enjoy the time with your family, LINDY. Hope it's a lovely day with glorious sun.

I'm feeling better. Even got groceries yesterday. I have a second round of blood tests scheduled for early July. No worries.

• Sorry everyone is going through difficult times – especially when poor communication and machine breakdowns incur extra waiting times to resolve serious health worries.  I won’t try to send individual replies, but I am thinking of all who need my thoughts and prayers.  My shoulder pales into insignificance against all the serious stuff – and it is continuing to improve.  Other minor incidents have got in the way again this week, but the cancelled lunch hopes to go ahead soon.

Next week is magazine week – the months come around too soon each time!  I have received some hand-written stuff for copying and need to write a brief article myself about the lady searching for her ancestor (have been able to send a photo for her and her sisters!) so I shall be busy typing for the next few days.

• OG:  The magazine seems like a good thing to have taken up again - keeping you out of the pubs and giving  you a chance to do what you're good at  :-)

Lindybird:  May Clinic lists 10 possible causes for your OH's condition   Enoy the family.

Diane: Glad you're feeling somewhat better, but still, take care of yourself.

Went to Ventura with granddaughter yesterday; she bought two rugs for their bedrooms (at Lowes), a couple of pretty containers for her bathroom and a summery dress (at T Maxx) that she thinks will be nice for church.  Now all she needs is the sun.

Planning to spend the day catching up on multiple garden tasks.

• Hi all, just scanned through quickly.   Lovely to hear Rusty2 has been discharged and it was in fact only scar tissue, an immense relief surely.

OG, pleased to learn your shoulder is easing and that you are feeling a little better.

Lindybird, hope all went well for your OH's hospital visit.Love the flowers from your garden and Rusty's Iris too, what a glorious colour.

Hoping to host SinL and her sister on Sunday for lunch and popping over to DinL's on Monday to give her her birthday present and then find somewhere to have lunch.

Wet at the moment down here, looking quite miserable. Forecast for weekend not looking good but you never know it could brighten up.

Annette and Diane lovely to hear what has been happening in your neck of the woods.

Take care all