LOCH GARTEN 2024 - May to end of season

Thread for April 2024

All pictures and videos ©️RSPBLochGarten&WildlifeWindows

Please read Korky's comprehensive March 2024 intro

Asha & Brodie

The partnership has matured this season, with Asha continuing her good female role (and she loves nest-building) and Brodie being more reliable, both fishing and incubating.

The pair have fought their way thru all kinds of nasty weather - snow, wind and rain - and intruders, including the dreaded KL5 Klive, have been a nuisance but not dangerous...

so far.

21 April @ 10:47

24 April @ 14:06

27 April @ 13:27

EDIT

Sadly, the month of May heralded irresistible aggression from BlueKL5 "Klive", who had ruined the end of last season for the 2 juvies.

Within the first 2 days Klive had driven Brodie from the area (tho Brodie did return a couple of times to dive-bomb Klive, to no effect) and destroyed the eggs.  He commenced to woo Asha clumsily, selfishly and inappropriately, as can be seen from the following pages.

31 August

Klive's afternoon & evening:

• I've  not been here today but chat says Klive was here for an hour 06.23 to 07.27 this morning. Cam doesn't  go back that far. It is now raining quite consistently.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• THIS HAS BEEN SITTING UNPOSTED SINCE EARLY/MID-MORNING ON THE 1st Disappointed.

AND NOW (coming up to 04:00 on the 2nd!) I FIND THAT I'VE LOST ALL THE FOOTAGE FOR THE MORNING OF THE 1st DisappointedDisappointedDisappointed

01 September

Klive flew in @ 06:23, preened, and flew off @ 07:27:

EDIT

Just in case!  It can be ditched if Klive reappears:

• Morning all. After a wet night it is dull with low cloud today. No osprey sighting by me, nor any reported on chat.

09.28 a wee birdie landed and cheep, cheered near the mic. Followed by a tap tapping.  i checked the PTZ which revealed a colourful chaffie.  He was chased off when a GSW landed nearer the cam. It began pecking the perch where the cam was attached, thus the louder sound.

09.30 just as the cam zoomed in, the woodie flew away

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

Morning, SHEILA Blush

SheilaFE said:
    After a wet night it is dull with low cloud today

It's gone back to raining again - and both cams have been down, still are.

SheilaFE said:

09.28 a wee birdie landed and cheep, cheered near the mic. Followed by a tap tapping.  i checked the PTZ which revealed a colourful chaffie.  He was chased off when a GSW landed nearer the cam. It began pecking the perch where the cam was attached, thus the louder sound.

09.30 just as the cam zoomed in, the woodie flew away

Yes, what a shame the zoomer was too late - but just before Woodie chased off the Chaffie a Jay landed for a mo, just clear enough to be cropped but don't look too closely Smirk

I'm going to have to switch off downloads because of all the failed files and I need to pack myself up - so if anyone significant turns up they'll have to be recorded from rollback, with much whinging and moaning.

EDIT

All 3 LG cams are down, but Farnham Heath and the Red Squirrel cams are OK: