LOCH GARTEN 2024 - May to end of season

Thread for April 2024

All pictures and videos ©️RSPBLochGarten&WildlifeWindows

Please read Korky's comprehensive March 2024 intro

Asha & Brodie

The partnership has matured this season, with Asha continuing her good female role (and she loves nest-building) and Brodie being more reliable, both fishing and incubating.

The pair have fought their way thru all kinds of nasty weather - snow, wind and rain - and intruders, including the dreaded KL5 Klive, have been a nuisance but not dangerous...

so far.

21 April @ 10:47

24 April @ 14:06

27 April @ 13:27

EDIT

Sadly, the month of May heralded irresistible aggression from BlueKL5 "Klive", who had ruined the end of last season for the 2 juvies.

Within the first 2 days Klive had driven Brodie from the area (tho Brodie did return a couple of times to dive-bomb Klive, to no effect) and destroyed the eggs.  He commenced to woo Asha clumsily, selfishly and inappropriately, as can be seen from the following pages.

IMAGICAT

• She was last seen on cam July 6th

• there appeared to be a "wound" under his foot,

I can see some sort of pink swelling but don't know if it's normal ... here's a pic of the underside of an Osprey foot courtesy of Dyfi Osprey Project

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I see that Holly has already  responded, Cirrus. This is in the time lines acfew says ago whe I posted a resume of her final day, 6 July.

04.43  Asha flew to the nest perch, and dropped to the nest at

05.16 when Klive arrived.

05.42  Klive takes flight, Asha calls for fish

07.04  Asha continues to call

07.30  Klive returns without a fish, Asha looks for it!

08.13  Asha flies to totem pole and at some point returned to the nest

08.24  Asha flew from the nest to Odin's perch

09.11  Asha flew to the nest at Klive returned, fishless again

10.18  Klive comes and goes with nesting material.  Asha watched from the nest perch

10.23  Asha flies off to the left out of sight

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/