Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 March 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY NEW MOON!

The moon turns new tomorrow morning in the UK and the US. it's a supermoon, and it will approach earth closer than any moon during the entire year of 2024! 

In the US we also turn our clocks forward at 2 a.m. tonight.

I walked to my small town yesterday to get some groceries. As I crossed the bridge over my creek, I noticed that the water is coming back. When the state replaced the bridge and widened the roads, they diverted and drained the water during the construction. It was nice to see the water flowing again. I so hope the Great Blue Heron will come back now. I've missed him. I also hope the pair of Mallard Ducks will return.

Everyone have a good week!

• Bumping us up.   Still busy with condo stuff here, but not for much longer!   :-))

• Annette - you must be exhausted. Glad the condo stuff is coming to an end.

OG - I wonder how you are after the extractions? 

Lindy - have you set off on your holidays? 

I have been birdwatching with the Flora and Fauna group at Llanfairfechan on the North Wales Coast. What a super 4 mile walk. It was “breezy” but dry. We all really enjoyed it and saw birds in great numbers. Oystercatchers, Curlew, Dunlin, Wigeon, Teal, Shelduck. Quite amazing. Lots of other birds too. It was a very high tide. The hot chocolate at the end of the walk went down very well. 

• Just lost  apost - will have to try again tomorow!

• Oh, dang. I thought I had wished LINDY a wonderful holiday, but now I don't see my post. LINDY: I hope you have a fun, relaxing, perfect, meaningful time!!! Thinking of you.

• Yes. Diane and OG - I think it is easier to lose posts in this new set up for some reason!

OG - still hoping you got on OK at the dentists. 

I wonder if Lindy and her OH have arrived on their holidays. Hope they enjoy it. 

Gosh, I have had a busy day. I met some friends for coffee in town this morning and then did my supermarket shop. I think I have said that our supermarket is like a social club. I bumped into so many people to have chats with that I didn’t get my lunch until 1. Given that I had to go out again at 1.30 to buy some bits for my friend and then take them to her in her new rehab place, it didn’t give me a lot of time!!! Oh dear. I found my friend all upset. The place is amazing. Very modern. She has a first floor ensuite room with gorgeous views over the hills. However, this isn’t a hospital and they don’t have all the aids. Consequently it has made her realise how little mobility she has and how she is so dependent on others. I said that that was the point of the rehab place to get her fit for being able to manage at home. She hasn’t been there 24 hours yet and I think the move had exhausted her. Also, she has to stay in quarantine in her room for 3 days as she has come from a hospital. I imagine that is a post Covid rule after the terrible spread of the virus in care homes at the start of the pandemic. She was convinced that one item hadn’t come with her from the hospital so I then went there afterwards and asked them to look for it. No sign of it sadly. It is possible of course that my friend could have got a bit muddled about it. 

• This is my second attempt at my lost post - although it wasn't really lost - I had forgotten I compiled it in Word.  But this has given me a chance to edit and improve as I was in quite a "tizzy" last evening.  Not sure how lucid this will be due to extreme pain in my toes from having podiatrist this morning.  She is very caring and sympathetic but my toes have reacted badly to various problems and conditions going on and she had  to cut a lot of nail and skin away.

I began yesterday  with good wishes for LINDA's holiday, but of course she will have set off this morning.  But I hope the airport was bearable, the flight went well and that LINDA and her OH have a good time.

RUSTY – thanks for your kind thoughts.  The dental extractions went well, but I suffered quite badly from shock afterwards.  Been gradually recovering yesterday and today. - quite bruised and still some bleeding.  Hope this is not too much information.

J had an enquiry for his benefit forms yesterday – we were expecting a result by now!  The closing date is near.  His Social Worker undertook to send them in and says she did!  Just another panic for him to get sorted!  If he misses out on this application, there will be massive sweary words!  Today he had a cancelled morning appt at the hospital endocrinoly dept but still had to go (two buses) for his neurology appt late afternoon.  He has literally just phoned to say he is lost in Dumfires because the bus driver from the hospital decided he wasn't driving all the way to where he would get his out-of-town bus home!  Luckily the delivery due here between 1 and 7pm is stuck over 100 miles away.and will arrive 8pm.so EE has dashed out to rescue J.  The delivery is the second matress which was forgotten last week.

Yesterday I received email from Cousin to say her elder Sister (the eldest of 8 of us cousins) has died.  For the last six months she apparently had no movement and no speech or other communication so, as her sister remarked, she will have been glad to go.  She was first to die on that side of the family..  Very hard for her Husband and Sons.  And difficult letters to write.

Dau#2 messaged to say they might call in on a journey south in August – would love to see them, but I did remark that it’s a bit soon to actually arrange it – especially after hearing about Cousin who was just two months older than me.

AQ - sorry about the uncomfortable weather continuing..  A very wet day here today..

RUSTY - impressive list of birds from (?) yesterday.  We are still seeing many Finches - I hope they will all find places to nest this year. especially the Goldies who are so entertaining when bringing their young to feed.- they swivel on the branches and flutter their little wings - not long now!

I think I should stop this and get some of those family messgaes written - got to stay where I am as I am parked in front of my PC and can't go anywhere else!.

• Sounds like a lot going on with everyone.  So sorry I can't respond to all the posts.   A very long day today, but not much more to do.  

Take care all.

• After 46 days with no rain, today a little sprinkle, a tiny 0.6 mm, enough to make it even more hot and sticky.  No relief expected.

• Oh dear AQ. How hot that sounds. Hope it eases off for you  soon.

We are on our holiday in Fuerteventura. After a very frustrating & tiring time, over two days,  we did finally make it to the airport & arrived here at 2.00pm yesterday (Wednesday here). We have been trying to recover ever since, more of that later.

Its warm and sunny  after apparently a changeable week here, and we did a short walk this morning to see if our favourite cafe was still here (it is) but I'm going for a lie down now to catch up on sleep.

• In case you haven't noticed, there is a new thread called 'Procedure for Posting on Threads', asking for comments and suggestions for dealing with the so-called 'upgrade'.  You may want to have a look, or post any thoughts.