Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 25 February 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY LEAP DAY!!!

I hope everyone has a good week.

Almost every 4 years an extra day is added to our calendar to keep it in sync with Earth's seasons. The extra day is added to February, the shortest month, and February 29 is called Leap Day. So, next Thursday in the US and UK is Leap Day, and 2024 is a Leap Year.

Some folks celebrate Leap Day by doing something that they've been wanting to do but have been putting off.

Personally, I intend to celebrate this Leap Day by thinking hard about the best way to move forward and make some necessary changes in my life.

I hope you all have a wonderful Leap Day.

Love and hugs to everyone.

www.timeanddate.com/.../leapyear.html

• Thought I'd try uploading a picture. Crocus in our garden yesterday. We've had yet more rain!  Not as bad, as mostly short sharp showers.

• If its possible to put pictures on easily, I might (might!) try to get back to my description of our cruise, sadly neglected for various reasons.

It's very tiresome to have to keep remembering to go back to Diane's initial post, to reply. And it's very disjointed on here. Bah!

• Just popping in - am keeping track (as much as you can keep track) of everyone's news - but still find the new interface needlessly confusing.  We are on a real push to get the condo done before granddaughter and Ms. D arrive in a couple of weeks and - as usual - finding some things aren't turning out quite the way we'd hoped (Lindybird I feel for you re fast decision on carpeting, only to be thwarted and too tired to care anymore!).   

Looks like Diane and bjane may have had - or have yet to have - some really nasty weather.  

Hugs to all and stay well.

• DIANE - I saw a suggestion on here – I think from you - that audiologist might do something for J's hearing.  His actual word were – “there is no operation, no tablets - just hearing aids!”  He will receive an appointment for the moulds to be cast – I think this will be at the old hospital.  J is quite resigned to this – I think we were all expecting it.  Thinking of you on this Leap Day with your forward planning – but I believe you also have tornados in the area, so I hope you are safe.

HEATHER – glad to see you are using your proper hand again – but don’t overdo it!  I hope the healing will improve so the pain will cease.  Good to see the family are able to help out.

RUSTY – lovely blossom photo at the zoo.  I have forgotten how to post photos on here – so long since I included any.

ANNETTE – I hope all will tun out right for your GD’s move – IT has been such a busy time for you as the family member “on-site” to oversee all the contracts.

We went out yesterday – started at nearest garden centre with a lovely lunch and browsing, then grocery shopping at Morrison’s.  J was much more settled, then got embroiled in messages from his “employer” - the council – about how to be listed for vacancies.  It appears he is expected to invest in the latest technology to install an app on his mobile – his phone is much too old for their suggestion.  He is now very low again.

My 3 month check on bloods and BP this afternoon – hoping my BP will not be affected by the extra stress and concerns re J.

I am sure I am missing a lot of your posts – some seem to come and go!

• OG - glad you had a good lunch at the garden centre but sorry J got upset about needing this new app. It’s not right in my opinion. You shouldn’t be prevented from finding work just because you haven’t got the up to date app. I know I am a lot older than J, but I had hearing aids last year and they have changed my life!!! Should have had them ages ago. 
    Annette - all that work on the condo sounds very stressful. I do hope it is all finished on time.

I have been birdwatching in Rhos on Sea today. Very easy just standing on the prom. We found our target birds - purple sandpipers - really easily and had brilliant close up views. Earlier, as the tide was coming in, we had spectacular views of 2 peregrines chasing a flock of dunlin. We also saw (at a distance) rafts of common scoter on the sea. A very nice lunch was had at Fortes Cafe which has been there since I was young!! Still going strong! 

• I just wrote a post which disappeared before my very eyes. I have lost the will.

Best wishes to everyone.

• Lovely to hear of all your bird watching trips Rusty.  We enjoyed a visit to Eden Court last night to see Andalusia......it was a super evening with a full audience.

• Dibnlib - so pleased you had such a good evening.

Horrid day today. Rain and 3.5 degrees!!!!! Yuk. I have been shopping. Going to visit my friend in the cottage hospital this afternoon. She has told me that she is going to be transferred to a rehab place as soon as a bed is available. It is new. I have looked it up and it sounds like just what she needs. It is not far from me. Nearer than the cottage hospital actually!!!! 

• Not much happening here today - OH gone to Tesco.  I am trying to order cards from a site which has changed its format - can't get logged in!  Bother!  Hair cuts this afternoon.  Had two of our irregular visitors yesterday - Wren and Rook!  These were not both at the same time!  Rook is such a huge fellow, but quite nervous in the garden.  No rain today - so far - but not so bright.