Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 February 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week!

I don't have any interesting stories to tell. I haven't been outdoors. Sunday, February 4, is the exact midpoint between the winter solstice and the spring equinox in the UK/US. My temps are predicted to warm up this week. We had some glorious sunshine today. The new moon is Friday, February 9.

Wishing healing for HEATHER and safety for ANNETTE. The news reports of that impending storm are ominous.

Hugs and love to everyone!

• HI all; Left the house at 7:30 to meet various contractors at the condo. Left there at 2; didn't get home until 4 what with one detour or another. One glass of wine under my belt; another lurks.......

Lindybird: I LOVE those benches - apparently they are in Bulgaria. Marvelous! Sorry your day was bumpy. Fingers crossed tomorrow is better.

AQ: Hard to listen to moans and groans from someone who is an inveterate complainer. My sympathies. How do these people not understand that children are starving in Yemen/Gaza and that Ukrainians are still suffering and that we are so very very lucky to be living 'normal' lives. Sigh.

Rusty: I've decided to tag along with you on your outings; they sound so much fun and there always seems to be a good meal somewhere in the day. . :-)

Take care all.
  • Gosh Annette - you do sound to be busy! For a bit of relaxation, you will be welcome on one of my walks any time! Since I retired I have been very lucky to find groups which go to these lovely places. It amazes me that, all the time I was working, these places were there and I never knew about them! I have loved discovering them and the cafes and tea rooms associated with them!!!!
  • Fabulous, just the place to sit and read. The thought of being without a book is a nightmare and as with jigsaws I always have another ready to go.
  • Annette - Thanks for news of where the benches are -- at first, I wasn't even sure that they were real! Hope things are moving along alright with your project at the condo.

AQ --You reminded me of years ago, when our sons were teenagers snd always hanging around the kitchen looking for food. At some point in the early evening I would shout "Right! The cafe is closed!"

I got up today determined to make headway. I have been arranging for a replacement for my OHs birthday present which arrived broken (Thanks to Amazons new policy of less packaging!) and am about to sit down with the (new) sweater which I wore yesterday and then found I'd pulled a thread right across the front. My OH has already cleaned the hall carpet where he trekked mud in without noticing, and I've made a phone call to someone I missed. I'm not going to describe the almost complete waste of time we had yesterday visiting a nearby town, but out of about 4 or 5 errands, we did come home with some butter, and we did manage to get rid of 4 bags of charity donations! No more moaning from me now!
  • Hyacinths on our kitchen windowsill. I just love the smell. Note the camellia which is coming out, outside the window. Spring is coming!

• love the hyacinths Lindy.....think I may have to get some. Sorry you had such a lousy day yesterday.