Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 February 2024

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a good week!

I don't have any interesting stories to tell. I haven't been outdoors. Sunday, February 4, is the exact midpoint between the winter solstice and the spring equinox in the UK/US. My temps are predicted to warm up this week. We had some glorious sunshine today. The new moon is Friday, February 9.

Wishing healing for HEATHER and safety for ANNETTE. The news reports of that impending storm are ominous.

Hugs and love to everyone!

• Sorry Annette - I see it was AQ who had the impromptu lunch!!! Glad it did you good AQ.
    Heather - it must be so frustrating for you and difficult not to overdo things. Is any physio on offer? Do take care.
  • Heather - LOVELY to see you posting again. But do take care of that arm. As others have said, it must be so frustrating for you ... but be assured of lots of energy flying through the ether to you!
  • Great to hear from you, Heather. I'll add my warnings too, to not try & do too much, too soon.

AQ - So pleased you had a surprise trip out, and it stretched to lunch. Sounded good.

It tried to snow when I popped out for milk this morning,but then it decided to rain instead! My OH was unable to play golf again, so was grumpy. I had to point him towards cleaning our windows inside, to keep him busy! He hates moping round.

After several phone calls, I managed to arrange for our furniture to be collected in a couple of weeks, ready for the new carpet to be fitted and then the new furniture to arrive. Our Eldest son rang to say the whole family have the Bad Cough which is going around, and he sounded dreadful on the phone.
    Yesterday I forgot to mention that whilst I was having a tea break, they played ",You're So Vain" on the radio!! I snorted with laughter!
  • HEATHER – Slowly slowly catchy up-y. Please let everything but the most most essential wait. Having come so far, you need to take it very easy for a while. {{{HUGS}}}

I could get to like this sort of life - this morn I actually managed to meet Friend for coffee as planned but thought would fall through. We last met in August! Home for lunch & nanny nap. Now it is 3 pm and surely too late to start or finish yesterday’s chores. 29 C today, expecting 38 C on Monday. I am wishful that it is summer’s last fling, but not hopeful. My tomato bushes are just about finished. I have frozen packs in freezer, bags in fridge and OH is not keen on yet another tomato sandwich. Bother him! Maybe fried tomatoes on toast tomorrow?

• For AQ - Glad you were out again! These are for you!

• We've had a ghastly day, where almost nothing has gone right. Grr. Some days you wish you could go back to bed and then get up and start again!

(Nothing major, just a long line of small things but I am getting a headache now!)
  • LINDA – Love the book jokes. Note – Even worse is that terrible moment when I cannot find anything in library that I have not already read or rejected. I hope a good night's sleep rearranges your system.

Early morn here and all the deferred chores await. OH is asleep in his TV chair where he usually spends the last half of night. Last eve was depressing, I had to return a phone call from a relie. <sigh> Said relie was full of moans, health, friends, outings – People won’t talk to me. Hm, maybe because you are so domineering and always right and argumentative.

I hear noises. Next sitting of breakfast in this cafe.

• AQ -it sounds as if your morning didn’t get off to a very good start. I hope the day improves.
    Lindy - so sorry your day didn’t go well either. Let’s hope tomorrow is better.
    It was a dull and drizzly day here but I went for a short walk along the coastal path with a couple of friends. Someone had planted daffodils along the path and they were all flowering. It was lovely. I was amazed to see a beautiful male eider duck!!! I have never seen one on the Dee Estuary before. Over towards Anglesey yes but not his far from there. We then had a very pleasant lunch in a nice cafe.