Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 October 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a great week!

• Clare, I was going to mention The Italian Job as it was a favourite of my OHs for a long time. I always think of Zulu when I think of Michael Caine, or Educating Rita. Two very different ones. He is very versatile.
  • OG - Hopefully at least the 'conference' has cleared the air somewhat. And helped you to see a way forward, maybe you need to go slowly, maybe only a bit at a time. Pleased to hear that there's a chance for J to apply to go to Gretna - hopefully it may lead to an interview.

• AQ-- I temember the tiny fairy penguins! Must have seen them on TV years ago. Thanks for the interesting links, I love the white chested Eagles. Shame about the peregrines.
  • AQ: Good heavens. More unusual sightings of various critters, some out of their usual habitats and others thought extinct What next?
  • Unknown said:
    What next?

Well, an honest politician would be nice.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• LOL, Rosy -- Statement of The Week!!

AQ -- Love the Longfoot creature! They've been hiding!

Grey skies & drizzle here. I'm doing laundry (again) & sorting out things brought back from Wales. We had a very pleasant day on Sunday, when we walked on Black Rock Beach near Porthmadoc. In summer, they now charge £8 to take the car & park on the beach, which is huge. But out of season, it's free, so there were plenty of locals there having a Sunday family day, picnicing, and even swimming in the cold sea!

On Monday we spent the day on Anglesey island.

• We drove around with our eyes peeled: they have brought in the new 20mph speed limit, which when you actually do it, seems very slow indeed. Now, don't get me wrong, it's a good idea in some areas where it's very residential and where there are children playing or coming out of school -- but in some places it seemed a bit draconian. We had to concentrate as the limit changed constantly in some areas!

I can see a bit of a protest arising from those trying to do their jobs travelling around all day.

We went to look for a Hotel/pub which I been taken to by friends some years ago, with a view of the sea and good lunchtime food. After nearly giving up, we suddenly came upon it and there was plenty of room in the car park. We had a yummy lunch: I had a large turkey & cranberry sandwich with coleslaw & salad, and my OH had a baked potato with cheese & onion, and similar salads. Served with a smile!

I vowed to relate to you the notice at the entrance, as it had me laughing ----

Comfortable Rooms all with en suite
    Good Food & Good Ale
    Friendly Service
    Gorgeous Landlady
    Grumpy Landlord.

• Lindybird said:
    Gorgeous Landlady
    Grumpy Landlord.

If we ran a place that would undoubtedly be us.

Lindybird said:
    We drove around with our eyes peeled: they have brought in the new 20mph speed limit, which when you actually do it, seems very slow indeed. Now, don't get me wrong, it's a good idea in some areas where it's very residential and where there are children playing or coming out of school -- but in some places it seemed a bit draconian. We had to concentrate as the limit changed constantly in some areas!

I'll confess that would literally drive me nuts.  Saying that, there are a few drivers around here who drive even slower than 20mph and I hate being stuck behind them.  I always find myself wondering if the reason for their exceptionally slow driving is that the driver can't see properly.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.