Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 October 2023

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Everyone have a great week!

• Hi, all. Sorry I was slightly late starting the new thread tonight. The couple who are my best friends in Indianapolis picked me up and we went to the Apple Cider Festival in a nearby small town. The husband's band was performing, and the music was really good (bluegrass, Americana, folk, The Beatles, and country (but not MAGA country). My friend played stand-up bass and the other two were really good guitar and banjo players. They all have good voices. There were lots of vendors selling apple cider, apples, persimmon pulp, honey, hot chocolate, baked goods, and crafts. The local small towns all have festivals at this time of year. I had a great time, although the weather was cold and my body isn't acclimated to the lower temps yet. I got a free apple cider because I was with the band.

After the show, my friends and I went to a really good Mexican restaurant, and I had 2 small bean burritos.

Take care all.
  • Diane: Thank you - and yay! Sounds like fun and so glad you had a good time. And free apple cider too. :-)
  • DIANE – A great country town event. Glad you had an outing.

DIBNLIB - Happy belayed birthday.

Those with long memories may remember my g-dau, originally known as LittleMiss. This week she had her 12th birthday. Where have the years gone? We gave her a parcel of books (titles suggested by Dau) and a soft toy (she still a little girl deep down). This morn we received a photo of Miss12 curled up reading with a pile of books beside her.

• Hi all - I think my Birthday wishes were posted just after Diane started the new thread - so Happy Birthday Dibnlib!

AQ - all my Grandchildren know I love buying them books so with Seraphina's 12th Birthday later this month I said I would buy books but she said as she is so into cooking and baking could she have an electric mixer. She found a very reasonably priced one and sent me the link so she will get that some other bits I have picked up when they come and stay over half term - w/c 23rd.

I had to have an xray this week as the cough is lingering and the antibiotics and inhaler have not cleared it although it is a lot better.

Need to go and get ready for Church so will find time to reply more fully later.

Have a good week all.

• Good morning, all.  It's another beautiful day here and it promises to be shorts weather later.  God know when we'll finally get some proper autumnal weather, it seems to arrive later every year.

Diane, sounds like you had a wonderful time - I would have loved that!  You hardly started the thread late - we're not exactly queueing up to post at that hour.

Miss12?????  Blimey, that went fast.  Good to see she's a reader - our (now 23-year-old) daughter certainly isn't.  Her standard of written English is very good, though, which gives her a massive advantage work-wise.

I'm off to see The Great Escaper tonight and I'm really looking forward to it.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• HARELADY - A cook book to go with mixer? Maybe for Xmas?

CLARE – The Trio are all readers. Their school restricts the number books that can be borrowed so they also use the local Council (free) library where they each have their own card. At times Dau has said “we have 73 library books out” or whatever number. They happily read non-fiction as well as fiction.

• Thank you for the new week Diane. I am so pleased that you got to enjoy a really good outing. It will have “bucked you up” says someone who was born and brought up in Yorkshire!!
    I gave a report of my golfing exploits at the end of last week’s thread. Suffice it to say that I have had an email this morning notifying me of a change of handicap. It has gone up!!!!!!
    I am awaiting the arrival of my friend who had the big op. We are going to “inspect” my garden which will take all of 2 minutes!!! No doubt we will then sit in the conservatory and chat. Her OH is collecting her at 11.
    Annette - you have always said how much your granddaughters enjoy reading. It’s great isn’t it? My 8 year old great nephew is the same. He devours books. His brother and cousin (not quite 5) have just brought their first readers home from reception class! I have bought the pair of them books for their birthdays (one next week and the other next month)
    I am girding myself up for my little great niece’s family party. We are going 10 Pin Bowling followed by MacDonalds!!!!!!!!!!!! That is next Sunday.
    Thinking of OG and family after their big meeting yesterday. I hope it went satisfactorily.
  • Thanks, DIANE !
    I've been reading but not posting, just not feeling 100%. GP wants me to have an ECG :-(
    Best regards to everyone...
  • DIANE That sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Thanks again for more birthday wishes. Our evening at Eden Court was terrific. What a great show. The next thing we have booked is "The Viennese Gala" in January. We have also booked to see "Sunshine on Leith" on 23rd December at Pitlochry Festival Theatre.

As others have said I hope OG had a good meeting with the family last night.