OFF-SEASON 2023-24 - FEEDERS & OTHER CRITTER CAMS

Continuing THOMO's LG feeder, and including other cams as per title.

First, some LG feeder snaps & vids from the past couple of days.

Female & male GSWs, joined up by trickery - you may notice that the peanut tube is misshapen Stuck out tongue winking eye

Nasty Great Coal Tit:

No trickery for the 2 Blue Tits:

Now for the torture - I just cannot figure out Greenfinch or female Chaffinch:

This was in flight so has had to be sharpened a lot:

Little vid:

No mistaking the evening Crestie!

IMAGICAT

• So sorry to hear this news, but to have a peaceful passing is a blessing, I was so hoping he would be able to see the start of the upcoming osprey season. Maybe he now has a catbirds seat. Kissing heart 

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• The Storks' nest got some pottering visitors while they were away (of course - I can't imagine visitors braving the nest while the residents were at home!), later the couple settled down for the night after what I think was a successful mating - they do it a bit sideways.

IMAGICAT

• The Spanish Stork cam is in buffer mode, this is the current windy-sounding scene:

IMAGICAT

• Wish I could find the previous page , sigh

• It's a faff Cirrus but scroll up til you see up/down buttons on 'view more' ... press the down one then scroll down till you come to another 'view more' button ... press that and scroll down til you reach this post, you should be able to see if you've missed anything!

If anyone knows of an easier way then please let us know? Tired face

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Mojave

In case anyone's missed the previous unmissable Roadrunner clip:

Spanish Storks

After the preamble, a mating: the like of which some of you may not have seen before:

The dark Buzzard again, visiting for an early lunch.  Here is a list of "Buzzard facts", anything in here you're not already aware of?

Glaslyn

I've noticed over the past week or so ??? that the Mute Swan family has gone down from 4 to 2:

Plenty of them still around:

Lots of geese still:

Yesterday there was work on the nest, by the look of it, and others seemed to be tidying up the land.  Just a shortie to show you:

Dutch Little Owls - the same channel as the "forest" where we saw domestic rabbits among the birdies:

IMAGICAT

• My word Scylla you have been busy, is your new laptop getting easier to use?  Great videos and very interesting Buzzard facts!  The Little Owls are very cute and all 'loved up'  Many thanks

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Ouch. Stork fetish! 
    Roadrunner: I almost ran over a pair of roadrunners who ran across the road (!!!) as I was driving an RV van while at Joshua Tree. They’re pretty big, and I seem to remember long legs, but maybe it was because they were running! First time I’d ever seen one besides the Roadrunner Wiley Coyote cartoons.

Buzzard: had to tune in to see the trundling. Blush
    Mute swans we have here in the States sport orange bills…

Thanks for an entertaining breakfast, Scylla!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Maybe I've got the Swans wrong,    you know how unreliable I am Confused

Inspired by KAREN, I installed Bandicam on this laptop yesterday, so before I went to sleep I set it on rollback to daytime on the Spanish reserve where, IIRC, the poor albino Osprey chick was hatched.  So here are a few of the birds captured during those hours:

Evenng:

Little Egret gathering at bedtime:

Mojave

Woodrat, MrBones, Salad Bowl, Cactus made from horse-shoes:

This is very distressing - all pics have to be clicked on to enlarge to best quality, and many members don't have time for that; plus, this lower resolution screen isn't good enough Crying cat face

I'm hitting new probs on my new laptop, don't know what's related to what.  Time for a meal and a snooze.

IMAGICAT

• Very shortie slomo

Roadrunner's tail:

Little Owl:

IMAGICAT