OFF-SEASON 2023-24 - FEEDERS & OTHER CRITTER CAMS

Continuing THOMO's LG feeder, and including other cams as per title.

First, some LG feeder snaps & vids from the past couple of days.

Female & male GSWs, joined up by trickery - you may notice that the peanut tube is misshapen Stuck out tongue winking eye

Nasty Great Coal Tit:

No trickery for the 2 Blue Tits:

Now for the torture - I just cannot figure out Greenfinch or female Chaffinch:

This was in flight so has had to be sharpened a lot:

Little vid:

No mistaking the evening Crestie!

IMAGICAT

• After boasting about opening the RF in advance of the first-of-the-month seize-up, I now find it was the wrong thread!  So you'll have seen this before:

It's the first of the month but I've opened this RF box well in advance!

31 Jan

Glaslyn Corvids

Mojave

First the Bobcat, then a Coyote - neither catches anyone - but at least the Coyote has a drink:

Boreal Ontario

The Evening Grosbeaks are there every day but I don't feature them as I'm not fond of them, which is shameful.  They're quite interesting, actually, often quarelling and/or feeding each other:

More mystery morsels, donated in the afternoon with pumpkin seeds after the gusty wind had almost emptied the tray.  No Jays or other corvids had turned up to eat them by nightfall, so they soon got scattered and covered by the little birdies:

I only noticed because I thought CIRRUS was replying in the wrong thread when she said:

Bravo Scylla  , I did something similar so haven't watched the videos yet , just getting my responses done first              Great pic of the hard treats, still no idea what they are  - they do actually look a little like toast, but not. Also what a great pic of the Grosbeaks. How can you not be fond of these beautiful birds !!!  No red faces but they remind  me of goldfinches.  OK I've got to go back a page to finish reading and looking so  I may as well do videos which are now ready to view and I'll back page later.

IMAGICAT

• Still 31 Jan

All 6 owlets still survive. It's a heckuva blurry cam tho.

01 February

This was very hard indeed, I think it's going to need tools:

IMAGICAT

• 01 Feb

Mojave

I can't be sure if this was the regular Cooper's or a Sharp-shinned, so I've left it open:

Probably the Cooper's, as here it was again - still catching nothing:

IMAGICAT

• Absolutely terrific - thank you Scylla . Huge whiskers on the catfish !

• Hello everyone sorry i have BAD News
    The past 3 weeks in hospital to be diagnosed with inoperable liver cancer
    i am on end of life care that wont stop me coming on here for as long as i can for the osprays return
    hope to keep you more informed on a later date but for now good wishes to everyone and i will try to get on tomorrow
    for now best wishes
    trevor
  • Oh Trevor, so sorry to read your devestating news, do hope that you are able to take part in all things Osprey for the coming season! Take great care!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• trevor l said:
    BAD News

Dreadful news, dear Trevor Purple heart

I had noticed you weren't diving in to assist with some of my mis-IDs, plus had been thinking of mentioning that I can no longer get good snaps of GSWs from the Polish forest feeder - they put a little seed cuppy thing on the vertical branch and the woodies love it but look too small for our purposes.

I don't mean to be frivolous but please know that I have been thinking of you often and wondering about your health - this is the worst news and I can only offer warm thoughts and hope you'll feel our support along the way.  Please pop in as often as you can.

Dove

IMAGICAT

• I too am devastated by your news Trevor. I am also grateful that you felt you could share it with us all . Thank you. I shall be praying for you.
  • Hang in there Trevor. Treatment can stall it, and I hope they keep you comfortable in the meantime. Ospreys coming soon! Prayers, and keep us updated.Kissing heart

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs