OFF-SEASON 2023-24 - FEEDERS & OTHER CRITTER CAMS

Continuing THOMO's LG feeder, and including other cams as per title.

First, some LG feeder snaps & vids from the past couple of days.

Female & male GSWs, joined up by trickery - you may notice that the peanut tube is misshapen Stuck out tongue winking eye

Nasty Great Coal Tit:

No trickery for the 2 Blue Tits:

Now for the torture - I just cannot figure out Greenfinch or female Chaffinch:

This was in flight so has had to be sharpened a lot:

Little vid:

No mistaking the evening Crestie!

IMAGICAT

• Somehow it looks like an choral concert: soprano, alto, tenor, baritone.

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Grinning @ CC Grinning

Mojave

Mr Bones is leading a charmed life!  (Little clips.)

One of the regular watchers posted a link to him getting the worst of a squirrel spat.

And here he survives a coyote's interest.

A new feeder!

I think these are Purple Finch... but I thought they were more northerly-based Upside down

Both the cams have gone offline, no idea why.

IMAGICAT

• Owlceanside Barn Owls

Still just 4 owlets.

Only a Mama Barn Owl can look so sweet:

We're till at this stage with almost every prey gift:

Papa:

There's another egg behind the foremost owlet:

I have minutely checked the time of the 5th hatch and can't see nowt at that time or since, I give up1

Glaslyn

This Goosander tussled and tussled with a fish, it went out of sight without resolution.  (Lots of break-ups in the stream, which I cut out.)

Polish forest feeder

The wild pigs:

Lots of deer!

Added after CC's visit :(((

The Stag turned up.  I'm not sure if it's a young one but have titled it as if it's the boss:

IMAGICAT

• The other Scottish cams are down - that is, Alyth, Lowes, Arkaig - and I can't get the rollback to play.

Brenig went down @ 20:22, rollback shows a stormy scene.

Glaslyn Cam1 has no sound, Cam2 is down.

IMAGICAT

• Mojave

I don't know what the dove/pigeon is, cannot find a match despite googling "Mojave doves and pigeons", and haven't seen this colour Mourning Doves in my virtual travels.  Gambel's Quail also features, plus White-crowned Sparrow:

I pray that one or two of our experts can put me out of my misery - I've been googling every variety of black/melanistic hawk/falcon/buzzard etc etc, got nowhere slowly Confounded

The light was very difficult, not so dark the second time, I left that au naturel.

Boreal Ontario

Yay, a pair!

And then a pair of Grackles - I'm so relieved, the solitary visitor had been pulling at my heart strings, I always think Grackles should be in flocks!

IMAGICAT

• Very many thanks for posting the Abernethy info Scylla.

I'm emerging from a very  dark hole and still feel somewhat fragile but have definitely turned the corner now . I only hope you are coping somehow with all you have to cope with  .

PS I think it's a Buzzard but what do I know - 

• Unknown said:
    I think it's a Buzzard but what do I know - 

That's what I thought was most likely - but I know far less than you do!  And it's so black !!!

The Mouflon sheep tried to have a nearly-midnight feast off the browse they've put down in place of the bowl of fruit 'n veg:

Owlceanside Owlet #6 "Sparky" and a rooftop visitor:

IMAGICAT

• Nice snouts and stag, I eventually saw it Scylla!

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

Mojave

A Road Runner:

Owlceanside

The victim here is not even the smallest!

I've stopped recording them for a while - just because I'm trimming down tasks.

Boreal Ontario

Some new treats are left untouched for hours - and a new tree is "planted" - what's that all about?

Glaslyn

This afternoon:

Early nightcam, there were quite a lot of water fowl browsing thru flooded tufts - I'd like to have done a vid but it would have been so laborious with no guarantee of a worthwhile result.

Who was this, please?  Heron?

IMAGICAT