OFF-SEASON 2023-24 - FEEDERS & OTHER CRITTER CAMS

Continuing THOMO's LG feeder, and including other cams as per title.

First, some LG feeder snaps & vids from the past couple of days.

Female & male GSWs, joined up by trickery - you may notice that the peanut tube is misshapen Stuck out tongue winking eye

Nasty Great Coal Tit:

No trickery for the 2 Blue Tits:

Now for the torture - I just cannot figure out Greenfinch or female Chaffinch:

This was in flight so has had to be sharpened a lot:

Little vid:

No mistaking the evening Crestie!

• trevor l said:
    my smiles have stopped working

I use enough for both of us, Trevor GrinRofl

I've done almost no work all day.  Here's a snap from a cam trap video @ Starr Ranch SoCal, where researchers are... researching the Mountain Lion/Cougar/Puma population - this was a "kitten" (getting on for teenager I'd say) walking down the trail with its mother and sibling:

• Devon feeder

trevor l said:
    The birds are infected  Highley contagious canker for the want of better word

Did you see the info published somewhere or diagnose it by studying the birds?  I didn't realise that canker is another word for trichomonosis - which killed the entire Pot Plant Owl family in Jo'burg Cry

11 Oct - they don't seem aware, they refilled the feeder in the evening:

The Mojave cam has been offline for more than a day - and I can't find out why :(((

The last significant visitor was a coyote:

• This is the best info i can get

• trevor l said:
    This is the best info i can get

Thank you - so it's not the same as Trich.  Now that I know what I'm looking for I'll try to get some shots - not hopeful tho, wiv me pore ole oyz.

Glaslyn

Dear Heather found us a mouse (I think) Mouse

Dutch "forest" (I'm not at all convinced  AngryStuck out tongue winking eye )

I noticed this bird (before I knew it was a Blackbird) yesterday, due to its suspicious-looking left eye, now it's back again:

Remember my unusual ginger rabbit?  Well this seals the deal - these ain't wild!... but no less gorgeous, nevertheless - hoping to get a full-body snap some time Heart eyes cat

Meal break here.

• Dutch forest cont'd

Not a dingo!  Labrador cross, I'd say Grinning

Cuddlebuns and nutkinses:

Another brown birdie that defeats me:

Glaslyn

This must be the swan family I snapped sailing down the river a few days ago - parents and 2 teens?... Then, in the evening... ???

• While wating for my flu jab guess who got the flu

scylla said:
    Another brown birdie that defeats me:

Even though its heavily processed  My best guess would be Female Blackbird

Sorry to disappoint Scylla  must have break head's pounding and i can't keep up with my nose

• trevor l said:
    While wating for my flu jab guess who got the flu

Oh dear, sorry to hear that! Frowning2  It's going around, my friend has been fluey for several days, he hopes he's getting over it now, hope you will very soon.  I've been taking it easy due to general tiredness and the usual aches 'n pains, am hoping for a surge of energy in the near future Upside down

That's really bad news about the Blackbird, I didn't even think its beak looked right for that, there's no hope for me!

• scylla said:
    bad news about the Blackbird, I didn't even think its beak looked right for that, there's no hope for me!

The best i could find so i will let you chouse

Good Luck

• scylla said:
    That's really bad news about the Blackbird, I didn't even think its beak looked right for that, there's no hope for me!

I thought it might be a thrush, same family as BB though!   I googled European Thrush & looked at 'images'

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi Wendy you did not say what the result was??