Osprey worries 2023

Hi All,

I have been running a little pond for many years to photograph Ospreys fishing and i have a worry for 2023, for the last 11yrs i have stocked a pond that is visited by many different Ospreys from local nests including the Nest at Abernethy, i stock the pond with hundreds of fish each season, than in turn feeds many juveniles throughout the year, and while i want to retire from the early morning starts and guiding i still want the Ospreys to fish at the pond, 

I should contact someone at the RSPB main office i feel this is so important to the success of the Juveniles over the next few years.

Macdonald Hotel resort have been fantastic to work with over the years and allowed me to build the pond and guide photographers from all over Europe to the hides to photograph the Ospreys, and in turn i supply lots of fresh in return, the resort has applied to build 27 lodges around the pond and while i think most of Lodges are fine, i know the Lodges close to the water would be just too much for the Ospreys to accept, and there lies my worry.

If you love Ospreys and would like to object please only object to the Lodges close to the pond, the other Lodges won't bother the birds, any RSPB Officer... please pass this on.

• Thanks for the report, Gordon, and best wishes with the coming season. I imagine fingers are crossed (for you and the Ospreys!) by Osprey-loving folk not only in the UK but around the world. I hope you have time to keep us informed during the season.

Kind regards, Ann

• Thank you for the update and other info, GORDON @ Aviemore Ospreys FB Purple heart 

Here's to the safe return of your favourite fisher - sorry but I couldn't resist choosing this somewhat inelegant effort, said by A9Birds to be "BlueAU6 after his belly flop, trying to catch Sea Eagle style":

Obviously I'll have to delete the photo if an objection is rec'd.

IMAGICAT

• Thank you Gordon for all that you are doing for the Ospreys in your own pond and elsewhere. I am sure they love all the fish that will be easily caught with the stocks that you add to the pond. Very soon we will be seeing our first birds arrive back to their nests and the fun begins all over once again. May they all return safely.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.