Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 4 December 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The full moon is the night of 7 December, Wednesday, in UK and US.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

• LINDY Is is not just the British public who are tiring of H&M. We met a lovely Dutch couple when we stayed at our favourite hotel in Pitlochry in October. It was the lady who first bought up Harry and Meghan and they were not impressed with them at all. Interestingly they said our Queen had always meant more to them than their own royal family.
  • I think it's becoming obvious to people from all over the world that things are not clear cut with the British Royal family. H & M are now sounding increasingly desperate for attention. They are not doing themselves any favours by constantly whinging. I feel for the King, as he loves his son of course, but must now be increasingly exasperated by events.

As I look out from my kitchen sink, I've been able to see, glimmering in the distance, the usual lights of the santa with his sleigh and reindeer put up on a stable building roof by a local millionaire. He often travels by helicopter and we wave from the garden chairs, if he passes overhead in summer! (although I doubt if he can see us!!). When the sleigh lights up on the 1st December, I know that Christmas is around the corner.....
  • HARELADY: I'm so very sorry that your family is facing so much hardship. I hope you can enjoy your holiday season. Best to you.
  • ANNETTE: 91% of the vote is in for the Georgia senate run-off and Warnock and Walker are in a virtual tie.

EDIT

94% of the vote counted and CNN is projecting Warnock the winner, but dang is that close.

• Diane: Associated Press just called it for Warnock and said (13 minutes ago as I type) that it appears Warnock will have a larger margin than last time Still, who ARE these idiots who voted for Walker.
  • DIANNE & ANNETTE - 51-49 in chamber. Not quite as close as last time.

• Annette and Diane - the BBC is predicting a democrat win.
    It’s a beautiful morning here. No frost now but there was when I looked out under the light of a full moon during the night.
    I enjoyed my trip to Chester yesterday. I met my friend and our favourite restaurant did not let us down. We both just had the 2 course set menu. The Christmas market was busy and the atmosphere was great. Most of the city centre is pedestrianised so it was a pleasure to walk around. The buses were warm and on time.
    Today I am going to see a friend to, hopefully, help her set up her new iPad.
  • HARELADY - You really have a lot of things to think about - I think that I recall you worrying about your son some time ago - and his extremely high London living expenses. I hope that things will improve for them.
    RUSTY - A busy few days again! I think that I was in Chester once - when grandson Sam was a wee baby. He is sixteen now.
    LINDY - the usual outside lights haven't appeared around here yet. Maybe the Scots are living up to their reputation for  frugality :-)
    OG - how are things at your house?