Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 11 September 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, happy week. 

• Glad you enjoyed your walk, Rusty. I love to see egrets.

It's been a bit of this & a bit of that day. In between, I watched some of the coverage of Her Majestys journey back to London and the visit to N. Ireland by our new King. Plenty of solemnity and spectacle. The Scots have done her proud.

(I also thought that the service at St. Giles was outstanding,  such beautiful music and singing. Very moving that Princess Anne has been with her mother every step of the way)

I've had a record: Yesterday, in one day, I had a phone call supposedly from BT (we are not with them) saying my WiFi was faulty --- then I got a text saying that I had a parcel waiting to be delivered which would cost £2.45 & would I like to pay it online? -- Then I had another text saying I had, apparently been in contact with someone with covid and I could swiftly buy a test kit from them.....

Just when I thought I'd had enough scams, I received a postcard apparently from the Post Office saying they were holding a parcel for me which had not been paid for in postage- which was £22.50!!

• Watched the service from Northern Ireland and what a service - simple, hopeful, full of music. It was great that Charles went there so early in his reign which hopefully will be the start of possible reconciliation although that could be a long road ahead. Then the leaving Scotland for the flight back to England of Her Majesty's coffin, so poignant. History in the making as we probably won't see the likes of a monarch departing Scotland in the future. What a wonderful opportunity for the Scots people to pay their respects even if they are not monarchists.
    Interesting to find out today that the Queen designed her own 4x4 landrover hearse to have lighting on so that her subjects could view the coffin.
    I heard the Poet Laureates poem on the tv today - beautiful.

More coverage tomorrow of the lying in State and then a few days , hopefully free of saturation coverage, whilst the nation pays its homage to the Queen before her funeral service.
  • Hallo all:  I too watched the progress of the Queen's journey to London throughout the day.  I saw that Mr. Putin won't be invited to the funeral (shocker!) but we're wondering about which Presidents apart from Biden might get the nod, specifically the Orange Menace.  Surely they couldn't....wouldn't.....

Lindybird:  A scam a minute - we are in the middle of 'your Amazon account has been frozen due to...." scams.

Rusty:  Do like the sound of your outings.

Heather:  Nice that your stepdaughter managed the trip to the viewing.  Wonder when the Coronation will be.

I keep thinking things should be slowing down.....  weather has finally improved following passage of hot and sticky tropical storm; almost back to normal. :-)

Take care everyone.

• Dragon beacon built for the diamond jubilee of the Queen. It was where we had our picnic. You can just see the estuary in the background. 

• Good Morning. Don't think Trump is invited, Annette. Thank goodness.

Pouring rain as Her Majesty arrived back in London & travelled to Buckingham Palace. Many people turned out en route just for a glimpse, which makes me wonder how many will line the streets for the funeral.

• Beautiful sundial memorial for the miners who lost their lives at Bettisfield Colliery. This was very near to the dragon beacon.

• Cocklers returning from a morning’s work as the tide rises. This is Greenfield Dock and you can see Hilbre Island in the distance looking out to the Irish Sea. This is the Dee Estuary. 

• Glad you liked the photos Lindy. I have taken the liberty of sending a couple more.
    I too watched the Queen’s coffin making its way to Buckingham Palace in the rain last night and was amazed by the number of people lining the route - even the busy A40. I read that the Queen herself had a hand in designing the hearse so that it would be lit and people could see her coffin. How amazing is that?
  • HEATHER lovely your stepdaughter passed by the coffin of HM in St Giles. It must have been so very moving. St Giles is quite magnificent,

LINDY look forward to seeing your poem.