Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 July 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, and joyful week!

I had a pack of coyotes on my patch today--very close to the house. I think they appeared because a mother raccoon was relocating her babies from one nest to a new one. They have reached "fledgling" age (to use a bird term). The sow raccoon birthed her babies late this year. Normally, the young would be older by this time.

All of the wildlife are in a quandary because it's the July 4th holiday weekend, and everyone is shooting off fireworks. 

Take care, all.

• PAT – You had such a lovely relaxing Sunday – I felt calmer just reading about it.

Sometime today we are expecting the return visit to check our new electricity meter now that the fault out in the street has been fixed. I’m not sure if I can convince OH to turn everything off at 7.30 am. They may not knock on door before they cut us off.

• Good Morning. Dull here but not wet. Hope everything went well, AQ.

Going with my OH this morning as he has some tests at a local hospital after seeing his GP recently. Fingers crossed!
  • Luckily electrical man came to door to report before turning off as OH refused to give up his TV & heater. It was 2.10 pm; by then I was on my second book. A restful day, waiting. Tomorrow I am off to Dau to chop veggies etc for soup etc as her ankle is still too bad to stand on & prep-ing meals has been difficult. I suspect there may be beds to change, washing to hang, whatever until I collapse!

• Lovely description PAT and a great time was had by all ! Thank you.
    LINDY - hope all goes,well today.
    I've no real news,about my brother. Sis in law was just phoning. My brother is feeling pretty downhearted but as far as I know, no real reason for it. More scans today. The language difficulty isn't helping. We have a mutual friend who is a retired GP. He speaks fluent French and would have happily gone to Brittany and interpreted - but he is in Australia, visiting his daughter. It seems as if my brother has only made friends with other Brits over there....
  • Shame about your brother, Heather. Perhaps he'll feel better once he gets to know what's happening!

My OH had a painful examination, then couldn't get hold of me on my mobile as arranged, as it constantly put him onto Voicemail (messages) so had to walk to find me instead of my driving around to pick him up. Bah! They told him that he has nothing wrong with his bladder, but will now need a scan to check his other organs. We await an appointment. We were both very tired when we finally made it home again.

• Lindy... sorry to hear of Hubby's health problems, Hope you both regain your strength now you home.
  • Apologies for my long silence - thinking of all who need special thoughts right now. Tired today but will try to get going again later this week.
  • Don't worry about it, OG. As long as you are still motoring along, we shall take it that you are all alright.

We both had a zzz after lunch, and then I did a little of my favourite chore (ironing!) Lots of time on the phone today as we are off South on Wednesday, to visit our Eldest & family, and will also be calling in to see a cousin of mine whilst we're there. Back home on Friday and then off again on Saturday to visit our Youngest for little Rosie's birthday! We will not be telling any of them that we've had hospital appointments ......
  • Lindy - very sorry to hear about your OH’s health worries, I do hope the wait for the scan won’t be too long. At least you have some good family times to look forward to in the next few days.
    Heather - I am sure you are right about your brother not being able to communicate and ask the right questions. Can’t he or the doctors use Google Translate? It must be a worry for you.
    AQ - hope the electric is all sorted now. Good luck with all your “chores” tomorrow. It sounds as if you will be busy.
    OG - thanks for getting in touch. Hope you are less tired soon,
    I went for a walk with a friend this morning and then we called in a nice bistro type place for lunch. Fish and chips!!! Didn’t want anything else until just now when I went out into the garden and picked some yummy ripe strawberries. I had a bowl of them with some ice cream.