Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 July 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a healthy, safe, and joyful week!

I had a pack of coyotes on my patch today--very close to the house. I think they appeared because a mother raccoon was relocating her babies from one nest to a new one. They have reached "fledgling" age (to use a bird term). The sow raccoon birthed her babies late this year. Normally, the young would be older by this time.

All of the wildlife are in a quandary because it's the July 4th holiday weekend, and everyone is shooting off fireworks. 

Take care, all.

• I didn't realise just how much this bloke was depressing me until this morning. I just don't have words.

Despite my subtle post earlier I won't believe he's going until he's actually gone.
  • Clare: That's how we felt when Biden won the election (oh sorry, he stole it, didn't he?) :-)))
  • Clare - Great to see you! Hope all is well. Have you been back to Mull yet? I know you had booked something for this year.

Thank goodness Boris is going. Now perhaps UK will get back to something like normality and sanity.
  • Pat O said:
    Have you been back to Mull yet? I know you had booked something for this year.

We came back last week.  Have you been?

• Annette - thank you for the update. A difficult situation. A friend was in a similar position last year. Hard to know what will work best for everybody in the family. Sending thoughts and best wishes for the best outcome.
  • Hello Clare - I see it takes something quite drastic to bring you out of hibernation! (on here)
    Glad you got to Mull again. A great place to visit.

Still making many trips to charity shops. Even if we were not moving out, we do not need so much 'stuff'
    OH laughs when I say "I am just going over the road".
    We do not have a date yet. The legal stuff takes forever, but trying to be prepared.
  • Hi folks been out of commission as ended up in hospital again last Tuesday and only came out yesterday. Same problem, a build up of carbon dioxide in the blood. Done assessments, obs and tests. They think it may be sleep apnea related but am down in Oxford next week for the cetheterisation procedure for pulmonary hypertension so will have to wait and see the results of both that and the sleep apnea test they did whilst I was in. Taking it easy as don't want to overdo it before Tuesday.

Hope all of you are ok and keeping well.

• By the looks of it we still have to wait till Autumn to get a new leader etc - hope they sort it out sooner rather than later.
  • Sorry you've been hospitalised again, Lynette. Hope they can sort out what it is.

I just find it depressing that none of the leaders of the Western world seem to be any use to anyone. What a crowd... ...
  • Clare - So pleased you got back to Mull. Look forward to hearing about it at some stage. I don't think I'll get there this year. Hard to believe we are more than half-way through the year and I can't find enough 'free' time for a holiday! I really must make myself a bit less available to do things ...

In haste, as always seems to be the way these days. I hope all those struggling with health issues can soon get the help and treatment they need.