Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 June 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, fulfilling week. Take care of yourselves.

• DIANE - Thanks for starting us and your good wishes.

OG – How horrid after all this time for you all to catch covid. Congrats on your new g-g-dau. Such a lovely name and both biblical.

Sending strengthening thoughts & prayers to ANNETTE & Sister.

LYNETTE – Better to have the procedure sooner – good luck.

RUSTY – Coffee, lunch & terns. Sounds a good combination.

LINDA - I am enjoying your garden!

We should all take HEATHER’s advice, not to overdo things.

We had a chilly start to the day. Apparently it was 3.2 C while I was prowling the house sleepless. Expecting 5 C tonight. Wimbledon tonight, Tour de France Friday – I have plenty of knitting ready.

• That sounds cold for your part of the world, AQ. Enjoy your sports watching! Not too taxing, and not as tiring as for the participants, LOL!
  • Good morning.

Well, I got two things wrong yesterday! J didn’t drive down to town – once he got outside his eyes were squiffy! But he did actually get to church on foot – a bit shocked as he hadn’t noticed it was “The Kirkin’ o’ the Cornet” – part of Annan Riding of the Marches Week – so a longer “civic “ service.

I had a bad afternoon – can’t remember it all but from the list reeled off to me at bedtime, I apparently behaved rather badly. However, I did sleep despite being reminded of my transgressions! And all seems okay this morning – and there have been some positive results so maybe I need to do it more often!

Monday’s trip is postponed to Friday due to weather forecast – other days have various appointments, starting with J physio this afternoon (and cleaners today anyway).

LYNETTE – good to see some people get to top of the list early rather than adding to the awful waiting lists! Hope it goes well.

HEATHER – we also had to look up the GGD’s name – apparently derived from a small seasonal stream among the rocks. She has had a lot of visitors over the weekend (due to divorced grandparents) so gathering plenty of photos – even a smile on her face with her grandmother! Grandson says they will plan a trip down here when they feel she is ready to travel, so something for us to look forward to.

LINDA – more lovely flowers – there seems to be something new every day at this time of the year.
  • AQ - it certainly does sound cold by your standards. I know you like the Tour de France as do I. I have noted that it starts on Friday! Love that you have your knitting ready!
    OG - that was a lot of news to absorb. The Kirkin o the Cornet sounds intriguing, I take it J didn’t appreciate the longer service? Sorry his eyes were “squiffy” It’s rather worrying for you all.
    Good to know that you slept but the “bad” afternoon doesn’t sound wonderful even if it did end up having some positive results.
    I hope you continue to be pleased with your cleaner.
    We had a lovely visit to Cemlyn. I couldn’t get over the noise the terns made. I can’t describe the fishy smell to you!!! I loved the way they were in and out to the nests flying right overhead. I could see the sand eels they were carrying, I took some videos but I imagine they won’t play here so I will attempt to send a photo.
    By the way, Anglesey was very quiet. Lots of places were closed as it was a Monday but we found good places for morning coffee, lunch and a cup of tea on the way home!!!!
  • I only replied to myself above because the photo kept posting at the beginning of the week so I tried replying to myself and it inserted where I wanted it to!!!!!
  • RUSTY - Replying to oneself . . . is that like talking to oneself? LOL

It is 7 C now (7.20 am) and OH is miserable. I'm not sympathetic - he could find a thicker jumper etc.

• I must emphasize that I did not expect to be seen as quickly as I am being seen. Fully expected to be waiting till at least the autumn - but unfortunately this particular problem leads to a build up of c20 in the body, hence the jerky movements and possible falls. Managing to keep it under control at the present by doing a little at a time with resting in between.. Its been a showery day down here so will have watered the plants in.

AQ - enjoy your sports watching. Don't much care for tennis but see that England have beaten NZ in the test series.

OG - hope appointments go well. It will be lovely when you get to see the addition to the family - something to look forward to.

Keep the garden pics coming , Lindybird.
  • Good morning. They're just showing the Wimbledon weather (mostly dry) and telling us that the tennis balls are all kept at a certain temperature ready for use! It was certainly exciting that both Murray and Raducanu went through yesterday- but I'm not expecting either of them to go right to the finals!

Dry here, and sunny spells predicted. Hoping to get on with h.work rather than sleeping today, after a long spell on the sofa yesterday! Have a good Tuesday, Everyone.