Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 26 June 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a safe, healthy, fulfilling week. Take care of yourselves.

• RUSTY - I want to visit your dentist. A better result than from mine LOL.

I doubt I shall be back later as it is First O Month Slow Day. I have little patience to watch the whirligig.

• Amazing - no delay getting on here this morning !
    RUSTY and all - my brother phoned me last night. He still has no lab results. He's hoping to get the drains out today. Very hungry but only allowed liquids so far - consomme and more consomme !
  • Good Morning. Pleased to hear that your brother could ring you, Heather. Fingers crossed for him.

It's dull skies here again, after a really changeable week. Here, local folk took pictures yesterday of a beautiful double rainbow, and I notice that there was also one over Wimbledon. We had times when the bright sun was out at the same time as a heavy shower.

More things going off the To Do List today, as we have a very busy week next week. We are going to see our granddaughter, for part of it, whilst our Eldest and wife go to Wimbledon!
  • Heather - thanks for the update on your bother. It sounds encouraging that he was able to ring you.
    Lindy - you sound busy. Going to visit your granddaughter sounds exciting and something to look forward to.
    I couldn’t get onto the site first thing but had no problem just now. Like you, Lindy. I am at home today and have a “to do” list. I have cut a bunch of sweet peas (first priority!) and got a pan of a sort of curry thing on the go which I will freeze in portions when it is ready.
    I wonder if OG and family have gone on their outing? I do hope so and I also hope it is a big success.
  • Quiet on here...

Thinking of Annette and her family.
  • So good to read all your post and hope Heather hears good news from her brother soon.

Also hope that OG and family get their day out.

As for me - I have finally finished (I Hope) with full time employment after almost 50 years! So its 3 days a week for me from now on and 4 days of walking, exercising and seeing placesI have always wanted to see. Nothing far away so no flights but maybe sea travel and driving.

I hope you all have a good weekend and keep the posts coming.

• Harelady - Congratulations on moving to part-time employment. I'm sure you will find it a good compromise - time to do things and a bit of money to do them.

Heather - I hope you get some good positive news from your brother soon. Such a worry for you.

Annette - Difficult decisions for you. Thoughts and prayers continue for you and all your family.

Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying the sunshine. Now that we are more than half-way through the year ... can't bear it. I expect to hear how many shopping days we have to Christmas soon!!
  • Harelady: Congratulations! Now go and enjoy yourself.

Thanks all for good thoughts.....
  • Just a thought

Retirement, a time to do what you want to do, when you want to do it, where you want to do it, and how you want to do it. (Catherine Pulsifer)

Retirement is not the end of the road. It is the beginning of the open highway.

Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

• Good Morning. Dull & grey here, after some rain. Supposed to brighten up later. I've overslept after going to bed early - yes, I could sleep for England these days.

Annette, we are all thinking of you during these tense days. Please don't forget to take care of yourself.

AQ Thanks for the quotes. Hope it's not too cold, there.