Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 June 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY JUNE SOLSTICE!

The June Solstice is Tuesday, 21 June.

I hope everyone has a peaceful, joyful week. I wish you all physical health and emotional well-being. 

I saw a beautiful white-tailed deer yearling in my front yard yesterday. He's a big fella. I think he's last year's buck. He was one of twins.

Take care, all. 

• Slow to stop today! Must be a Solstice bug ...
  • Just had difficulty, not for the 1st time lately, to get into the site.

Sorry about your poor daughter, AQ. She will have her fingers crossed now not to be positive herself.

Lynette, glad there's progress with your garden plans.

I'm off to clean and pack - not my favourite stage of being here! Have a good day, All. Thinking of Annette and OG.
  • This is the first time I have actually been able to get onto the site today.
    Lindy - what gorgeous photos. I love the way you can see the mountains from the beach. What lovely blue sky too. It sounds as if you have had a very relaxing time.
    AQ - very sorry to hear about the covid in the family. I do hope no one else catches it. Very frustrating about your church visit but always good to get lots of library books.
    Lovely and sunny here. I am staying in the cool catching up with paperwork. I hope it’s not this hot for my game of golf tomorrow.
  • We're back home again, and looking at the garden. The poppies have all finished now and the peonies are on their last flowers. My OH is beginning to water everything, which seems to have survived the heat without us.
  • Good morning all
    Well, I had the most bizarre dream - my family in Canada came to visit and I created a huge trifle for them. It had all the usual ingredients, plus bacon, sausages and tomatoes. I'd been building it in an enormous bowl which was sitting on the cooker hob. The hob had been left on and right at the very end, the bowl broke and everything came out. Maybe just as well ! Oh - and the custard was lumpy....
  • Heather: THAT's very strange, because I also had weird dreams last night about people traveling to visit me! I dreamed that OG and another UK woman (on my Facebook list) had booked a special flight that would accommodate OG, and they arrived in a town near me. We were all standing in a hotel, and OG said she was hungry. I replied that I couldn't go out until I changed clothes and put on something better. Then I found that all my clothing outfits were rags. So, I decided I'd sneak off and steal somebody else's clothes out of their closet. But when I got the stolen clothes into my changing room, I decided I didn't look well-dressed, and I was ashamed. So, I returned to steal more clothes. Again. And again! OG and the other person grew increasingly irritated and finally left to go to dinner. I sat down on the floor and cried with guilt and anguish, because they'd traveled all that way, and I didn't have any decent clothes to wear so I couldn't go to dinner and visit with them. LOL!
  • Heather and Diane loved reading about both your bizarre dreams. According to my fitbit i spend approx 2 hours a night in REM sleep but can olny remember a few details of my dreams.

The experts say dreaming is very good for you as it resets the brain and clears out stuff so keep dreaming!

To everyone else - enjoy the warm weather if that is what you have or want, need to get moving and get to work.

• Harelady: Thanks! I've always had vivid dreams. Don't work too hard.

OG: I hope your pain is under control and life is as good as possible at your house. I also hope J's vision problem has been addressed. Obviously, I'm thinking of you.
  • Good Morning. Dull here at first, but the sun is out now so I have a full line of laundry, plus another load in the wash. Ooh! The excitement of being able to get it dry!

Interesting about the dreams: I dream very vividly, the downside of having an imaginative brain. Hopefully it keeps me sane, though!

Long talks on the phone last night to family. More about that, later.

Thinking of OG and Family, and Annette. Hope things are going well for Rosy.
  • It looks as if DIANE and I are always expecting calamities, if our dreams are anything to go by !
    Well, it's a small world. My youngest son in law is at present working in Perth, Australia. Not offshore this time but in the workshop. There is an aviation museum quite near and they have been fortunate to get an ex RAF Tornado plane. He went along to see it, out of curiosity and he could see by the number on it , that it was an old friend. He'd worked on it many times at RAF Lossiemouth in Scotland, when he was in the Air Force. Nostalgic :-)