Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 June 2022

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY JUNE SOLSTICE!

The June Solstice is Tuesday, 21 June.

I hope everyone has a peaceful, joyful week. I wish you all physical health and emotional well-being. 

I saw a beautiful white-tailed deer yearling in my front yard yesterday. He's a big fella. I think he's last year's buck. He was one of twins.

Take care, all. 

• I couldn’t get onto the site at all this morning. It was more than slow, it was static!!!!
    Didnlib - I saw the report about the peregrine falcon. It seemed to be OK afterwards.
    AQ - yes indeed. The church does look very English. So glad you got out to photograph it. It has been a long time.
    Lindy - and hope you both enjoyed your walk and the coffee this morning.
    I have just been out in my garden to pick some strawberries for tea. It’s very pleasant out there just now.
  • Such crowds on the beach at 10.30am !!

• We did indeed enjoy our walk by the sea. Then went for a coffee in our favourite garden centre, where I bought some bird food & a squirrel proof feeder, as we've been plagued lately by a grey squirrel who won't leave my feeders alone.

• Then I noticed a vicious looking cloud! Ready to take a bite out of something, perhaps.....

It's been a beautiful afternoon, and we sat out in it after my OH had done a bit of gardening. Later, we had a cuppa with some friends we have here, & caught up on their news. Now getting ready to pack up for home again tomorrow.

• Keep forgetting to post quotes -- todays:

"The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated" Mark Twain.

You know you're getting older when you do the crossword puzzle in ink because you can't read the answers in pencil.
  • Hello all and a new week again, thanks to Diane for starting us off.

Annette - so sorry to hear about your sister. Do hope you manage to get over here to be with her. Looks like the family will rally round and provide all the help they can. Prayers and thoughts are with you at this time.

Dau said there was a terrible electrical storm here last night but I never heard it even though I was around and just coming up to bed (1 ish ).

We had a pleasant FD lunch , dau and self, and went to one of my OH's favourite pubs. Colder and overcast all day yesterday but starting to warm up again today.
  • Thanks for your news have read briefly.

After our lunch yesterday we called in at a Garden Centre and bought some more plants so will be getting my gardner to do some planting this week. Nearly finished the garden now.
  • Dau sprained her ankle walking the dog on Sunday. Then her OH returned from interstate work trip & hugged everyone. Ten mins later he had a message from another workmate – he has covid. S-i-l does a RAT test, yep, positive. Dau now sleeping in Miss10’s bed who is on camping airbed. Under latest regulations, the rest of family are not considered close contacts as they were only together 10 mins (not 4 hours). Huh, sez I, tell that to the virus! Reported today that covid cases are to rise over next few weeks, also high rates of flu. Hospitals & ambulances overwhelmed. Stop the world, I want to get off.

This morn I bravely decided to visit a church after its weekday service to photo the windows. 45 min drive to find a paper sign on door “While church is being renovated services will be at XX”. I had checked website over weekend, if only I had rechecked this morn. Never mind, masked, I visited that district’s library, found 7 books, so not a complete wasted journey. But oh all that petrol.

• Just a thought

Someday everything will make perfect sense. So, for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason. (Anon)

If you can’t laugh at yourself, I’ll do it for you. (t shirt message)

You don’t stop laughing because you grow old, you grow old because you stopped laughing.

• This site is so slow today

Heiland Coos DownUnder. Note Aussie dollars - $A2 = £1.