LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• After that at 18.42 he took off from the camera with a thump, flew around, landed on nest and picked up fish tail end, left and came back at 18.44 with tail end which Mistle took and fed herself and bobs. Axel stayed with them for 30 minutes, on one leg for a bit and eyes closing, I thought at one point he was going to lie down beside Mistle. Off he flew at 19.16. Great to them doing so well with the chicks,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Unknown said:

CRinger said:
    Boulevardier cocktail has caught my eye - Campari, Vermouth and Bourbon

Nice to see you are a non-denominational drinker.

Simple syrup made with garden mint. Ran out of tequila so used a shot of light rum. It's good!

I don't care what religion someone is if they like cocktails!

So how did it taste???

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Good won't hack it! Sensational? Earth shattering? A stunning combination of bitterness and sweet?

• CRinger said:
    Good won't hack it!

Hmmm...I was going to say "GOOD!" I would say compared to my Campari & soda or a G&T, it is a bit sweeter than I prefer. That said, I would NOT turn it down if offered! I do like bitterness in a cocktail. (Not in a person.)

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

• Unknown said:

CRinger said:
    Good won't hack it!

Hmmm...I was going to say "GOOD!" I would say compared to my Campari & soda or a G&T, it is a bit sweeter than I prefer. That said, I would NOT turn it down if offered! I do like bitterness in a cocktail. (Not in a person.)

FAnTASIC verdict and reply! So do I. I will make it!

• I thought I read somewhere on this thread that Axel has been catching salmon and the early morning whopper looked like one to me. Any idea where he's getting them? Asking for a friend
  • Unknown said:
    I thought I read somewhere on this thread that Axel has been catching salmon and the early morning whopper looked like one to me. Any idea where he's getting them? Asking for a friend

Sorry Korky - not a chance!

Any Salmon returning to rivers will be far to heavy for an Osprey to catch. Its a non-starter.

• Juist looked at Syclla's capture of the whopper - sorry it was brown trout.

• CRinger said:
    lovely email from Alan Poole. He is thinking of coming back to the UK next year and giving a few talks and will let me know his itinerary - but he IS doing a live presenation from across the pond this Thursday 16th June re: the Poole Harbour success story. Its a free online talk @ 7pm - see www.facebook.com/.../ - although it is free you need to book a ticket online.

Thanks - just seen this and put it on the Poole Harbour thread

• CRinger said:
    Juist looked at Syclla's capture of the whopper - sorry it was brown trout.

Thanks. I'll tell my friend