LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 16:53 She shows the fish to Axel, then flies off with it. I will refrain from using the word 'tease.'

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• 16:59 Mistle back with a smidgen of the tail which she eats and flies off @ 1701. Feeling MUCH hasppier with my fish estimation.

• 18:52 Mistle food soliciting............ not yet frantic.... is Axel about?

• Ummmm what is that movement on the far left of the eggs? I don't want to raise a false alarm but anyone else see it? Is it a feather blowing in the wind or????????

• Looks like a false alarm........ sorry. 20:11 Axel arrives with a 17 minute brown trout which Mistle takes and flies to another perch to eat.

• Fish delivered 20.10, Brown Trout.?

Had been looking for any movement CRinger but Mistle was sitting and could see nothing.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• CRinger said:
    16:37 NICE RT!

Here's the view of the eggs you were talking about, CRINGER - highly unsatisfactory when cropped - I don't think they're going to risk zooming, in case of startling the parents, but it's what's desperately needed.  The movement you saw was, IMHO, tiny frags of feather/nest material:

IMAGICAT

• @Scylla - great video - now I can see it zoomed in I agree........ too far from the furthermost left egg to be a tiny beak!

• ...... BUT she IS looking at those very intently before she settles to incubate!

• *those EGGS