LOCH GARTEN June 2022

All quiet on the Osprey front. Mistle started gently food soliciting, then quiet, then stood up to reveal.........

,, what appeared to be a half eaten rainbow trout! No doubt Scylla will be able to get a much sharper image than me. All this happened about 5:45.  It was as stiff as a board. When was that delivered?

Afrer faffing around getting images 1 of them has come back to the nest and is incubating - can't tell which. 

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Snippets from morning, it cuts off before she finishes settling because the YT 6 hours were up, and I lose some minutes then while the file processes before starting the next download:

Back later with fish/es.

IMAGICAT

• What a beautiful scene Scylla. I wonder if she can here the eggs, poor Mistle, she has no clue as to what is happening. Wait until they hatch and mum and dad see them for the first time!! Hatching chickHatching chick

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Lynn L said:
    What a beautiful scene Scylla. I wonder if she can here the eggs, poor Mistle, she has no clue as to what is happening. Wait until they hatch and mum and dad see them for the first time!!

Catlady you make a VERY strong point we tend to forget. She has, we are pretty sure, never seen an egg hatch before. Instinct will hopefully kick in - it has so far - but when she has had new experiences this season - like laying her first egg - I know we should not anthropomorphise but goddamit (sorry for language) if ever a bird could look surprised SHE did! What will her reaction be on seeing her very first chick? I can't wait!

Some people think Ospreys are a matter of life and death. I don't like that attitude. I can assure them it is much more serious than that. 

• Me neither CRinger, that reaction on laying the first egg! What on earth is she going to be like with the new chick, as long as she does not start that squacking!! As you say her instincts will kick in, she has done so well already with the eggs and trying to keep himself in order!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• 12:42 Mistle going abllistic. Axel has to be about.

• Yup. He was and 12:44 delivers a reasonable 12 minute BT.

• WAY out again! I give up! 13:13 Mistle back with a stick.

• Not very good fish pics today:

Mistle's the one bringing most of the nest material at the mo.

Mistle's getting more stuff on the eggs so we can't see:

IMAGICAT

• 16:37 NICE RT! Ok, I will fo 4 it. 27 minutes.

• 16:52 Mistle back to the nest with a tail + of ish.